Best Car Amplifiers for 2021
Like to take long drives with the music blasting? Then, now is the time to look for the best car amplifiers for 2021.
A car amplifier is a system that amplifies the signals from the car stereo to boost the power and make it louder. Usually, car stereos do not have that kind of power in them. They cannot drive the speakers and cannot give the ultimate type of clarity and volume. To get that bass, you need to invest in a good car amplifier, which will make the music in the car feel like you are at a club.
A car amplifier uses the car’s power as input amperage and uses that supply to power the internal circuitry. The amplifiers have various circuits, including DC-DC circuit, noise preventing circuit, speaker crossover circuitry, etc. Since these amplifiers are quite complicated to make, choosing a high-quality amplifier to get the value for your money is better.
Types of car amplifiers
When it comes to car amplifiers, quality and sound performance will depend mainly on channels’ choice. How many channels are there in car amplifiers will decide the overall loudness and cost. The most famous channel-based amplifier choice for cars are:
- Two-channel amplifiers: On this type of amplifier, two speakers are installed on the car’s front sides.
- Four-channel amplifiers: With these, four speakers are installed, two in the front, and two in the back.
- Five channel amplifier: Here, there are four speakers and one subwoofer.
- One channel amplifier: in this, there is only one subwoofer installed in the car’s back.
There are also 3/6/8 channel amplifiers that you can choose from based on the requirement.
Why purchase car amplifiers?
Many tend to think that car amplifiers are only for those who want the world to hear their car’s bass. Well, there is a segment of buyers who are getting the amplifiers just for that. But, in reality, amplifiers are for making the sound more clear and more performance- heavy. That means that anyone who likes to listen to good music in high-quality output and clarity will choose a car amplifier that will suit their requirements the best.
There are many reasons why investing in a car amplifier can prove to be a good choice:
- Sound quality: The quality of the sound will increase almost immediately. It will make the sound more real with every element, audible and enjoyable at the same time.
- Volume: Inside the cars, there can be many noises ranging from engine to the traffic noise. Therefore, the amplifiers can make the sound more vivid and loud that is coming from the stereos.
- Efficacy: A good amplifier will reduce the car’s internal circuitry’s power usage, making the sound system more efficient.
- Value of the car: A reliable amplifier will increase the car’s overall value.
Choosing the right amplifier can boost the sound and can also increase the value of the car. Therefore, you should invest in a legitimate choice and will be more of a use and not just for show.
Here is the list of the ten best car amplifiers for 2021 that you can invest in right now.
Best Car Amplifiers for 2021
- Power - 1100 Max x 1 @ 2 Ohms, 550 Max x 1 @ 4 Ohms
- Class A/B Topology - Class ‘A’ amplifiers have enormous amount of current flowing through its output transistors with no audio signal. Class ‘B’ amplifiers have no current flowing through its outputs with no audio signal
- Mosfet Power Supply - A MOSFET is an electrical switch that allows the flow of electrical current. It controls the output voltage & current precisely by removing the output current sensing loss & eliminating all secondary feedback circuitry
- Low & High Level Inputs - A low level (RCA) input is measured in voltages. A high level (+/- wire) input is measured in wattages. Both essentially carry signal from your receiver to your amplifier to your speakers
- Variable Low-Pass Crossover - Subwoofers reproduce sound based on a number of different low-range frequencies. You can set exact sound specifications for the bass frequency reproduction
For those who want real value for their money when it comes to car amplifiers, they should pick BOSS Audio Systems R1100M Monoblock Car Amplifier. This is a high performing, easy to connect, and easy to optimize car amplifier. MOSFET technology also gives more efficiency when it comes to power consumption.
- High and low-level inputs: The car amplifier has a stable high level that is speaker level and a low level that is line-level inputs. It is also stabilized at 2 ohms.
- A/B class: BOSS Audio Systems R1100M Monoblock Car Amplifier is an A/B class amplifier. This means it can automatically shift from total conduction to non-conduction.
- Bass boosting: This car amplifier allows bass boosting by +18dbs.
- Auto voltage shut-off: This feature shifts the amplifier to the switch-off mode whenever the temperature reaches a certain higher point.
- Lightweight and compact: The amplifier is small in size and is perfect to be installed anywhere in the car.
- High performing amplifier
- Easy installation
- Automatic shut-off
- Distortion in high gains
- Works only for single subwoofers
- 600 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 2 Channels
- 300 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 2 Channels
- 1200 W MAX Bridged Power @ 4 Ohm x 1 Channels
- Full-Range, Class A/B Topology, MOSFET Power Supply
- Low and High Level Inputs, Variable Filter, Variable Bass Boost
This is a full-range amplifier for cars with a MOSFET power supply and 1200 watts of power-packed performance. In this amplifier, you can add either four subwoofers with two speakers, each at 2 ohms voltage, or you can add two subwoofers and two speakers, each at 4 ohms voltage. BOSS Audio Systems R6002 even provides the remote-controlling feature for the amplifier.
- 2-ohm stability: One of the best things about this car amplifier is that it is absolutely stable at 2 ohms power as well. You can use varying bridgeable subwoofers and speakers to get the required output.
- Fixed high pass and variable low pass filter: The fixed high pass filter lets the frequencies be controlled, which will pass through the speakers. The variable low pass filter lets the frequencies to be controlled, which will pass through subwoofers.
- MOSFET: MOSFET technology helps to increase the output efficiency of the amplifier. This is done by switching from non-conduction to full conduction and back when required.
- Variable input control: This allows the input frequency to get matched with the output frequency to get better efficiency and performance.
- High-quality audio
- Variable bass boosting
- Remote subwoofer control
- The amplifier needs to be cooled down
- Should have more than one speaker in the car
- Wiring Installation Kit includes: 30 ft. speaker wire, 20 ft. 8 ga red power cable, 16 ft. 18 ga blue turn-on wire, 3 ft. 8 ga Black ground cable, competition quality fuse holder with agu fuse
- WIRING INSTALLATION KIT CONTINUED: 10 5/16" and 1/4" Ring Terminals, 6 ft. Split Loom Tubing, 3 Rubber Grommets, 20 4" Wire Ties, 20 ft. High Performance blue RCA (TRCA) Interconnect
- Amplifier power: 1500 watts Max X 1 @2-ohms, 750 watts Max X 1 @4-ohms
- Class A/B topology: class ‘A’ amplifiers have enormous amount of current flowing through its output transistors with no audio signal. Class ‘B’ amplifiers have no current flowing through its outputs with no audio signal
- Mosfet power supply: a MOSFET is an electrical switch that allows the flow of electrical current. It controls the output voltage and current precisely by removing the output current sensing loss & eliminating all secondary feedback circuitry
BOSS Audio Systems AR1500MK is one of the best car amplifiers for 2021. It is a good product for those who want everything wrapped into one for their car’s music system. It has all the needed features to increase sound quality. Along with it, it also has features that will ensure longer life of the amplifier. It is user-friendly and compact in design so that it can be installed easily without taking up much space.
- MOSFET: This transistor technology allows the transistors to conduct full current to completely stop the condition in a matter of seconds. This helps with increasing the overall quality of the sound output.
- 2-ohm stability: The amplifier has 2-ohm stability features, which means it can work and run perfectly at 2-ohm voltage. The stability factor makes the sound quality better, regardless of whether speakers or subwoofers are used.
- Class A/B: BOSS Audio Systems AR1500MK Car Amplifiers are A/B amplifiers. That means it runs on linear circuitry. Linear circuitry is highly effective for reducing any kind of distortion to bring better quality.
- Automatic shut off: This feature shuts off the amplifier immediately as soon as the temperature spikes, and the system gets hot to avoid any damage.
- Highly power-efficient
- Comes with installation kit
- Compact design
- Certain humming sound in the background
- No Bluetooth connectivity
- power: max power output of 1500 watts at 2 ohms into one channel. maximum power output of 750 watts at 4 ohms into one channel. this amplifier is designed to run your subwoofer(s) giving them the power that they need to perform as they were meant to
- high level inputs: speaker level inputs are commonly referred to as high-level inputs. this input will be used to connect the ac1500.1m to your factory radio or aftermarket radio that does not have low-level (rca) inputs
- low level inputs: line level inputs, also known as rca inputs or low-level inputs, use rca interconnect cables to link the ac1500.1m with the source unit. most aftermarket radios have multiple pairs of rca outputs that can connect to multiple amplifiers
- low-pass crossover: a low-pass filter is an electronic circuit that removes all the notes below the filter's frequency setting. a low-pass filter will primarily keep high notes out of your subwoofer(s)
- variable bass boost: variable bass boost allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to just the way you like it
Car amplifiers should not only provide good sound, but it also should have attractive features that will make it power efficient. A reliable amplifier will save power and will also have features that will safeguard the internal components from voltage surges. Planet Audio AC1500.1M Monoblock Car Amplifier is the perfect choice for those who want excellent sound performance along with value for the money.
- Low-level and high-level inputs: This car amplifier has both high-level speaker inputs and low-level line radio inputs available.
- 2 and 4 ohms: This amplifier will run speakers and subwoofers at both 2 ohms and 4 ohms voltage. In 2 ohms, the power output will be 1500 watts, and in 4 ohms, the power output will be 750 watts.
- Low pass crossover: In this filter, the frequency-below filters’ settings will be removed. Also, the high notes of the frequency will be removed from the subwoofers.
- Bass boosting: The low range bass can be boosted and lowered according to your liking using this feature.
- Shorting and overloading protection
- Low pass filter filters out frequencies
- Auto shut-off
- The system may shut off if the music goes too loud
- Includes: Amplifier. Bass Remote. Birth sheet with tested power. Owner’s manual. Mounting Screws. Warranty.
- Rockville dB13 3000 Watt Peak/750w Dyno-Certified RMS Mono 2 Ohm Amplifier Car Amp. Dyno Certified RMS Power Ratings: (Certified Dyno Test / Less than 1 % THD) (Use these ratings when comparing with top brands such as Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, etc). - 2 Ohm: 750 Watts x 1 Channel <1% THD+N. - 4 Ohm: 450 Watts x 1 Channel <1% THD+N.
- Peak: (Use these ratings when comparing with the top budget brands such as Boss, Power Acoustik, etc). - 2 Ohm: 3000 Watts x 1 Channel. - 4 Ohm: 1800 Watts x 1 Channel. High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply. Optical Coupler Class “D” Technology. Fully Adjustable 12dB / Octave Crossover with Differential Circuitry. Low Pass Filter: 50Hz - 250Hz. Subsonic Filter: 15Hz - 55Hz. Phase Control Switch.
- Full IC-Controlled Protection Circuitry. Remote Dashboard Subwoofer Control. Fully Adjustable 12dB Bass Equalizer. Mute and Delay Soft Start System. RCA Preamp Line Output. 8 Volt Preamp Circuitry. Status Mode LED Indicator. Minimum THD at Rated Power: <0.1%. S / N Ratio: >90dB. Under Voltage Protection at 10V. Over Voltage Protection at 16V. Frequency Response: 15Hz - 250Hz.
- Damping Factor: >150 @ 100Hz. 80 Amp Maxi Fuse. Dimensions: (W x H x L) 9" x 2.4" x 14.7"
Rockville dB13 car amplifier is one choice that you cannot ignore. It is fully-packed with features that will make it a great buy and will make it stand out in the crowd. With easy-to-use features and high-end performance, you can make the most out of it.
- 3000 watt: The 3000-watt power allows this amplifier to be a monster amplifier among the other competitors. Along with it, there is also class D, which means it is lightweight and power-efficient with compliant power ratings.
- Subsonic filter: It comes with a subsonic filter that captures the frequency from 15Hz to 55Hz. Other than this, the filter will limit any frequency. It also has a low- pass filter useful for line-level frequency filtering.
- MOSFET technology: The transistor technology allows the car amplifier to switch voltage from nil to maximum automatically. This allows the amplifier to save the circuitry from overloading.
- Protects from low and high voltage changes
- Great equalizer
- The power supply is fast
- Short RCA output line.
- Competition Grade SPL Class D Monoblock MOSFET Car Power Amplifier
- Peak Power at 1 Ohm: 2,200 Watts | RMS Power at 1 Ohm: 1,500 Watts
- Stable at 1 Ohm, Frequency Response: 15Hz - 270Hz
- Featuring 4-Way Protection Circuitry and 1/0 Gauge Power & Ground Input Terminals for Maximum Current Flow
- User Adjustable Low Pass Filter (Variable): 35Hz - 250Hz, Remote Subwoofer Level Control Included
Good car amplifiers are all about better performance and good sound enhancement. For those who are more into high-quality sound but also do not want to shed too much money,
Skar Audio SKv2-1500.1D Monoblock Class D is perfect. It will bring together the car’s sound system easily with its features and power efficiency.
- MOSFET CLASS D: This particular feature makes the amplifier lighter and with better power efficiency. Also, it makes the amplifier heat up less. The MOSFET technology keeps the signals in check by shutting off and amplifying the signals.
- 4-way protection: This type of protection protects the circuits of the amplifier. In this, all the separate circuits of the system get protected from any kind of failure. Therefore, not all systems will fail together.
- Premium components: The Skar Audio RP-2000.1D comes with some of the best high-quality components. These components include an advanced PCB board, a heat sink, and a reliable MOSFET supply.
- 2200 watt power: The Skar Audio RP-2000.1D has a maximum power of 2000 W at one ohm. But, it can punch up to 2200 watts as well at one ohm.
- Versatile design
- 4-way system circuit protection
- Variable bass booting
- Can get heated up
- Power - 4000 Watts Max x 1 @1-Ohm, 2000 Watts Max x 1 @2-Ohms, 1000 Watts Max x 1 @4-Ohms, 8000 Watts Max x 1 @2-Ohms Bridged
- Class D - Power loss is significantly reduced making the amplifier highly efficient. Excess energy is stored until it’s needed instead of being converted into heat. Reduction in size/weight, reduced power waste, smaller heat sink, compact circuitry
- 1 Ohm Stable - Able to continuously power loads of 1 Ohm without encountering difficulties such as overheating. Typically made to power up subwoofers that demand the heavier power load requirements to be able to perform the way they were made to
- Strapping Capable - You are able to strap two AC4000.1D amplifiers and double the power that is being sent to your subwoofer(s). You now have the ability to connect more subwoofers to take advantage of the extra power
- Variable Bass Boost - Bass Boost allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to just the way you like it
This is a class D amplifier, and it works against all those notions about this class amplifier. It is highly power-efficient and is packed with some great features to make it work smoothly. You can use these best car amplifiers for 2021 to power high-end speakers and subwoofers equally and effectively.
- Class D: This amplifier is class D, which means it is highly effective in saving power and making the most out of it. It has smaller circuitry and a heat sink and saves the extra power without converting it.
- 1-ohm stability: This car amplifier gives continuous stability at 1-ohm power without causing any kind of overheating. It gives 4000-watt power at 1 ohm and 2000 watts at 2 ohms.
- Subsonic filter: The Planet Audio AC4000.1D Class D Car Amplifier has a subsonic filter that is useful in filtering out the lower frequency of the subwoofer settings, therefore giving better subwoofer performance.
- Bass boosting: The car amplifier allows bass boosting at a low bass level to get better performance.
- One ohm stability
- Subsonic filter for filtering frequencies
- Bass boosting
- Power output can be staggering at times
- 5000 WATT POWER: The Pyramid 2 Channel Car Amplifier is perfect for your vehicle's sound system. It gives you up to 5000W bridgeable output. Features variable bass boost, variable gain control, and fully adjustable electronic crossovers
- SILVER-PLATED RCA PORTS: The car audio amplifier features RCA ports that are silver-plated for eliminating signal loss. The subsonic filter allows low-end interference to be cut so your speakers will always deliver the highest quality audio
- MOSFET PULSE: The MOSFET pulse width modulation power supply allows for a clean distortion-free signal to your compact speakers providing you with crisp and clear audio for outstanding music experience. Also features pulse width modulation system
- FULLY PROTECTED CIRCUITRY: To keep both your car and the stereo amp safe, this model is equipped w/ overload and short circuit protection. Has been specially designed from the bottom up to provide safe and high-quality sound in a sturdy form factor
- SLIM SIZE DESIGN: The car amp's small size makes installation a breeze, easy finding a spot for this little yet powerful device. Additional features include remote turn on, soft turn on/off the circuit, heavy-duty aluminum alloy heat sink & LED indicator
This is high output and one of the best car amplifiers for 2021 that will enhance the overall quality of the car’s sound system. It comes with variable bass boosting and gains control over the voltage. This makes the amplifier more effective for all cars of varying sizes. Also, the best aspect is that it comes in the budget-friendly range.
- MOSFET pulse: This feature allows the amplifier to amplify only the cleaner and distortion-free signals. There is also a modulation system which increases the music experience.
- Small size: The amplifier is a compact size, which means it is easier to install in the car, regardless of the size. It also LED indicators with a remote to power the system.
- RCA parts with silver plating: The RCA ports of the amplifier are silver-plated. That means it does not lose signal. Also, the subsonic filter helps in cutting down any kind of low-level frequency distortion.
- Circuit protection: This car amplifier comes with circuit protection features as it helps keep the circuitry safe from shorting or overloading.
- Intelligent design
- Audio evolution
- Circuit protection to extend the amplifier’s life.
- No remote subwoofer control
- AUDIO EVOLUTION: This amplifier car audio features excellent frequency response rates and crossover network that place these amps in a class of their own
- SOUND SPECIALIZATION: This high-powered Power Amplifier is cutting edge technology at its finest Nickel-plated RCA connectors and speaker screw-down terminals ensure a secure connection between amplifier and speakers that allow distortion-free sound
- INTELLIGENT DESIGN: The amplifier monoblock features include power and protection LED indicators; soft turn-on/off; and 1 channel amp design
- RCA JACKS: The Line-Out jacks allow you to build multiple amplifier systems without having to use splitter cords to distribute the signal This makes it easier to bring one set into the first amp, then use the line out jack as the feed to the next amp
- GREAT DEAL: Often a monoblock amp comes with a high price tag Yet the Lanzar mono amplifier is budget friendly with all the features, reducing crosstalk between channels
On a search for an in-budget car amplifier that has some great features and gives great quality sound? Then the Lanzar Amplifier is the best choice for you. It is designed to increase sound quality and decrease any kind of distortion. It evaluates the frequencies and increases the overall response.
- Durable design: The designing factor of the amplifier is taken up a notch with features like soft turn off and on, LED indicators, and one channel amplifier design.
- Nickel-plated connector: The amplifier’s RCA connectors are nickel-plated, which reduces the distortion significantly. The connectors are also a screw-down type, thus helping to secure the speakers to the amplifier correctly.
- Sound evaluation: This amplifier has complete sound evaluation by blocking the distortion and also gives a proper response on varying frequency ranges. It also features crossover networking, which makes the audio crisper and optimized.
- Compact and durable design
- Nickel-plated RCA ports
- Optimizes the frequencies and cuts distortion
- No remote subwoofer control
- 1400 WATT POWER: The Pyle Dual Channel Car Amplifier is perfect for your vehicle's sound system. Gives you up to 1400W bridgeable output. Features switchable bass boost, variable gain control, configurable electronic crossover network
- GOLD-PLATED RCA PORTS: The RCA ports are gold-plated for eliminating signal loss. A subsonic filter allows low-end interference to be cut so your speakers will always deliver the highest quality audio. Features switchable bass boost, low level inputs
- MOSFET PULSE: The MOSFET pulse width modulation power supply allows for a clean, distortion-free signal to your compact speakers providing you with crisp and clear audio for an outstanding music experience. Also features anti-thump turn on
- THERMAL PROTECTION: To keep both your car and the stereo amp safe, this model is equipped w/ thermal, overload and short circuit protection. Has been specially designed from the bottom up to provide safe and high quality sound in a sturdy form factor
- SLIM SIZE DESIGN: This box amp's small size makes installation a breeze - you'll have no trouble finding a spot for this little yet powerful device. Additional features include LED indicators, RCA outputs, soft turn-on circuit, remote turn on/off
This dual-channel amplifier is perfect for those who want to experience high-end sound. It is a budget-friendly option for those who don’t want to spend a lot of money. The 1400 watt output makes it perfect for smaller cars because it will give crisp sound quality without much power.
- MOSFET pulse: This feature adds to the distortion-free sound quality. It helps in reducing the lower frequencies, which causes sound distortion. It also holds an anti-thump feature, which can be turned on when required.
- Variable bass boosting: This amplifier has a bass boosting feature within its range. You can switch the bass level easily.
- Gold plated ports: The amplifier’s RCA ports are gold-plated, and that minimizes the signal loss to zero percent. Therefore, the interference is reduced, and sound quality is enhanced.
- Thermal protection: The amplifier has a feature that will help in keeping the overloading and shorting away. That means there is almost no chance of the amplifier or car getting damaged due to excess heating.
- Gold-plated RCA ports
- Thermal protection for longer life
- Absolute sound quality
- • USB connection not great
Buying guide for Best car amplifiers for 2021
Many things should be kept in mind while picking any car stereo or audio component. Audio amplifiers are usually a bit on the pricey side, and therefore making the right choice will help get a quality system and the right value.
There are many brands, but some tend to dominate the market. It is better to do some research on the brands and talk to some experts to make a proper decision.
Here are a few things that should be kept in mind while picking any car amplifier :
Everybody tends to have different tastes in music. Some like to hear simple and slow music, while some like to amp the bass. You should pick the amplifiers based on the type of music you will hear the most. If you are more into rock and hip hop, choose amplifiers to support bass speakers the best. But, if you are more of an R&B and classic music lover, then choose four-channel speaker system amplifiers.
The car’s size will determine what type of amplifier will give the best results in terms of volume and sound. If the car is too big, then choosing one sub-woofer or simple two-channel amplifier may not serve the purpose. The sound will not go around the entire car, and the quality will not be up to the mark. It is crucial to consider the overall number of channels and the drivers used in the amplifier to get the real feel.
Before buying any amplifier, it is better to do some research on the type of mechanics and internal circuitry used. This will make a big change in how the amplifier will work. For better performance, the internal parts and wires used should be of higher quality. Look for certain elements and make the transistors, wires, and cables of the amplifier system.
There are also some additional components that you can invest in. These components will help in making the system more valuable and effective. After all, if you invest in an amplifier system, it is better to go the extra mile. You can add remote controls to switch the system on and off directly. You can also invest in voltage monitors to keep a check on the voltage used to avoid the amplifier from getting hot. You should keep in mind that added components will increase the amplifier’s overall cost by a certain amount, so you should set the budget beforehand.
Choosing the best car amplifiers for 2021 should not be done quickly. You should take some time to find out the best brands and the features that they come with. Never compromise on the quality; otherwise, the money spent can be lost within a few years. Also, keep in mind the usage and the car where it will be installed before making any decision. Always set up a budget, talk to an expert, read the reviews, and then study the amplifier system’s components before buying any. Also check out the Best Wireless Subwoofer for 2021.