Best Closed Back Headphones for 2021
Closed back headphones are headphones that stop all outside noise from reaching your ears as they are totally sealed off around the back, thus only allowing the sound of the music to reach your ears. Closed back headphones stop all outside noise and you only hear the sound that is coming from the headphones. If you want to know about which closed back headphones to choose from, here is a list of the best closed back earphones for 2021. This review enlists the top 10 rated best closed back earphones for 2021 and their features, pros, and cons to help you choose what works best for you.
Headphones have been used over the years, for they are easy to use and have good sound quality. There is a different range of earphones that produce music of different qualities. Headphones are wired or wireless, open back or closed back, and each one has different features to offer. Although a variety of headphones and ear accessories saturate the market, the closed back and open back earphones do not seem to lose its significance for its versatile use. They are extremely comfortable and user-friendly and enhances one’s music experience.
Music is truly felt not only through great sound systems but to feel a close part of the music; there is no replacement to earphones. They let you immerse in your musical world, away from the business of the world. Not only for music lovers, but over-head headphones are also a great choice when comfort and good music are sought. For people working for long hours in attending calls, over-head earphones are a great choice.
It is very amazing to see the huge difference a good quality closed back headphone can make. It can almost be as significant, like changing from normal laptop speakers to a good quality audio system. Unlike open back headphones, which provide a more natural sound quality, closed back earphones cut you off from the noisy world, giving you solace while listening to music. Closed back earphones also tend to provide more bass than open-backed earphones. This property of sound isolation makes them best picks by recording artists as it keeps sound inside the earphones, disallowing sound leakage that can be picked up by headphones. They are also preferred for listening to music in isolation during a workout to increase concentration or to listen to blasting music without the people around them knowing. Gamers also love them for their noise cancellation.
Closed back headphones are versatile as they are the right fit for homes, public, office, and personal use. With a wide range of earphones available in the market, it may be difficult to choose the right earphones. The perfect earphones are one that fits your budget and is fit for the right music type. These recommendations are the ones that range over a variety of features, are the best closed back earphones for 2021 and pocket friendly.
Best Closed back Headphones For 2021
- Cutting edge engineering and robust construction
- 40 millimeter drivers with rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90 degrees swiveling earcups for easy, 1 ear monitoring
- Professional-grade ear pad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
The Audio-Technica Professional Studio Monitor Headphones are stylish headphones with edge-cutting engineering. It’s a unique design, and stylish construction makes it a favorite among. It is built with drivers measured at 14 mm and magnets, which are very rare to find. Its voice coils are made out of copper and covered with aluminum. Its circumoral design fits the contours of the ears and provides for excellent noise control and proper sound isolation in a very noisy environment. It has swiveling earcups that can rotate 90° for very easy for once your monitoring. Their ear pad is very good for professional use, and the material of the headband is very durable and comfortable. It has a white frequency range, and it can be tuned at flat for very accurate sound across the frequency range. Its comfort makes it fit for long hours of use. It comes with provided accessories like two detachable cables, a protective pouch. It comes with a screw-on adapter. This enhances the music quality, and its design makes it very convenient for use over versatile platforms. It is also referred by professionals who work in track mixing and DJ monitoring. It is also very portable as it can be easily collapsed for saving space.
- Item weight is 8.3 ounces
- Product dimensions 11.4 x 10 x 4.1 inches
- It is available in the colour black
- Voltage 240 volts
- RATING 10
- Price: $99.00
- It has very good sound quality
- Users highly recommend it for its durability and comfort
- They are a very good buy for the money you pay
- They are very high-quality earphones
- They have a nice professional look.
- The clamping force is sometimes strong
- Its collapsible feature can sometimes make it floppy and hard to control
- It sometimes gets a little hot.
- BASS SOUND: Enjoy clear sound and comfort with the OneOdio Studio monitor headphones. Large, 50 millimeter speaker unit drivers combined with neodymium magnets; powerful bass, clear vocal, and crisp high tones form stereo sound
- BUILT TO STAY COMFORTABLE: The soft padded ear cushions are designed for monitor headphones comfort and noise isolation. The headband is adjustable and stretchable for you to find the desired angle you like to fit in
- NO MORE ADAPTER: DJ style coiled cord (9.8Ft Stretched) easily reaches from the TV or stereo to your chair. A standard-sized 6.35mm plug and a 3.5mm plug are included. They both are completely detachable, you can plug in the mixer you want to use
- SINGLE-SIDE MONITORING: 90° swiveling ear cups for single-ear monitoring anytime; self-adjustable and flexible headband delivers a fatigue-free listening experience that can last for hours, ideal for mastering and mixing
- Works with: All devices have 3.5mm or 6.35mm audio jack. Bass sound, durability, and comfort. These are the headphones you've been looking for
The OneOdio adapter free closed back DJ stereo monitor headphones are Professional earphones for mixing and monitoring of sound. Choose this earphone for clear sound and high comfort. They are big and have speakers of the size of 50 mm unit drivers who are combined with magnets made of neodymium. This provides very powerful bass, very clear fine-tune, and vocals. This good quality earphones are made with soft cushions that are padded and designed especially for maximum comfort when one uses these monitor headphones. It provides complete noise isolation. The headband of the earphones is stretchable and adjustable for the user to use it in the desired fit of angle. It has a long 9.8-foot cord, which can reach over long distances. It comes along with a 6.3 5MM plug and 3.5 MM plug. These plugs are detachable completely and can be plugged x the mixer when one wants to use them. These earphones also have swiveling earcups that rotate at 90° for self-adjustable and comfortable use. The headband is flexible and offers a music experience free of any fatigue and can go on for hours. It is perfect for mixing and mastering sound. It is compatible with iPod, iPhone, android, iPad, and any other audio devices. Its share put technology makes it easy to connect many headphones to one device without a splitter. One can easily share music with others. It also comes as a flexible and flat foldable earphone designed to be used on the move.
- Product Dimensions 7.09 x 5.51 x 3.94 inches
- Item Weight 10.6 ounce
- RATING 9.9
- Price: $29.99
- They are highly recommended for the sound quality and noise cancellation
- They are good earphones for the budget-friendly
- They come with removable cords
- They have good bass quality
- They have been built with good quality material.
- Sometimes stops in between music due to hardware malfunction.
- Might have to remove phone cases to plug-in earphones
- Dynamic, closed ear headphones.Weight w/o cable: 285 gram Ear coupling is circumaural
- Lightweight and comfortable, ergonomic design, Cord Length 3.3 9.8 feet Coiled
- Extended frequency response and warm, natural sound reproduction. Nominal impedance 64 ohm. Sound pressure level (SPL) 113 dB
- Around the ear design with padded ear cups Dynamic, closed ear headphones with up to 32 dB attenuation of outside sound. Frequency response (Headphones) 8 25000 Hz
- Ear pads, headband padding, and audio cord are easily replaceable, ensuring long life
This new model of Sennheiser headphones is one of the most loved closed back headphones. They are very dynamic, and they have a circumflex oral fit, which makes it perfect for the years. Their ergonomic design and lightweight make it very comfortable for using it on the move. They come with a cord length of 9.8 feet, making it very easy to be used across distances. They have a frequency response that is warm and extended and has natural sound production. They have padded soft earcups that are made for proper noise cancellation. The headband has nice bedding and makes it comfortable for long hours of use. The chords are easily replaceable and ensure a long Durability. They are foldable and have rotating earcups, which make it space-saving while on the move. There is a unique combination of design and quality.
- Item weight is 10.1 ounce
- Product dimension 9.64 x 7.36 x3.33 inches
- It is available in the colour black
- RATING 9.8
- Price: $79.95
- These closed back earphones provide good passive sound isolation
- They have a very good sound quality
- Users love their ergonomic design
- They have good bass quality.
- The rugged look of the earphones is often not loved by all
- Noise cancellation occurs by 50%
- STUDIO STANDARD: Praised by top musicians, producers, and audio engineers, the CB-1 headphones are an industry standard in recording studios around the world. The CB-1s have received critical acclaim from the most discerning audiophiles on the web as well as top technology editors.
- 50MM Drivers: Large 50mm drivers deliver studio quality audio with a wide, expansive soundstage that puts you in the room with your favorite musicians. Hear music the way the artists, producers, mix and mastering engineers intended.
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT: The CB-1’s padded headband and overstuffed earpads were designed to be comfortable during multi-hour recording sessions. Its over-the-ear design fully encloses ear, offering passive noise cancelling without putting extra pressure on your head. The CB-1’s adjustable headband ensures a snug fit on your head, and clicking ridges allow for full customizability. .
- TWO CABLES INCLUDED + ¼ ADAPTOR: The CB-1 comes with two 9-foot audio cables - one coiled, one straight. Both have a custom locking mechanism that keeps them attached to the headphones, eliminating the risk of dislodging the cable. The CB-1 is compatible with any 3.5mm audio cable, but it will lack this locking feature. We also provide a ¼ adaptor plug for use with professional audio equipment.
- UNDERSTATED STYLE: The CB-1’s minimalist, unbranded aesthetic will never lose its luster or fall out of fashion. A slim frame doesn’t awkwardly protrude sideways, and the CB-1 can be folded to become compact for travel.
The Status Audio Closed back Studio Monitor Headphones are built to produce music, mastering, mixing, and for audiophiles’ use. These studio standard headphones are loved by musicians, producers, audio engineers, and gamers. They meet every standard of studio recording in the music industry. They have been critically acclaimed for their discerning audiophiles and also for top technology editors. They have 50 mm large drivers, which delivers very studiolike audio and expensive soundstage speakers. Their padded headband is designed to make it comfortable for multiple long hours of recording. The design also provides a snug fit on the head, and without pressurising the head provides passive noise cancelling. It comes with a 2.9-foot long cable where one is straight, and one is coiled. They have a customized locking mechanism attached to the headphones to minimize movement of the cable. This can be used with any 3.5 MM cable but lacks locking feature in that. One by four adapter plug is provided for professional use with audio.
- Item weight 8 ounces
- Product dimension 6.54 x 3.62 x 8 inches
- It is available in the colour black
- The connector type is 3.5 MM check
- RATING 9.7
- Price: $59.00
- Music professionals much love these earphones
- Highly recommended for in-studio and out studio use
- They are extremely durable
- The plastic framework sometimes causes malfunctions of hardware
- There is a complaint about it not being durable.
- Premium, audiophile grade over ear, closed back headphones.Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Padded leatherette headband and luxurious fabric ear pads perfect for long listening sessions
- Compatible with virtually every Audio device including phones, tablets, computers and stereo components
- Frequency Response 10 to 28,000 Hz , Impedance 23 ohm
These headphones from the Sennheiser ‘s are a premium range of final grade closed back earphones used over the years. Their padded headband and a luxurious finish of the earpads make it perfect for long hours of music sessions. It comes with a 3 m cable and a 6.3 mm jack to help to connect to your home entertainment system. It is also compatible with every other audio device, including all phones, computers, tablets, and audio devices. It has an in-line remote along with the microphone, making it easy for controlling music and making phone calls. It comes with a two-year limited warranty only when one purchases is it from an authorized dealer. This closed back earphones provide very good sound quality and are effective in proper noise cancellation. Their closed back design, detailed engineering, and balance sound make it a favorite amongst the masses. It’s lightweight and clear sound production ability is one of the high-quality features of this closed back earphone. Made out of aluminum voice coils, they provide high efficiency and no distortion of sound. They have an ergonomic acoustic refinement, which makes the sound which ones yours directly.
- Protect dimensions 8.1 x 4 x 10.25 inches
- Item weight 8.7 ounces
- RATING 9.6
- These are extremely comfortable earphones
- Very durable in quality and lasts long
- The audio technical feature is unique
- These closed back earphones are slightly heavier compared to other earphones
- Synthetic rubber flakes off if not used for a long time.
- Pro-Grade Closed Back Over-Ear Headphones for Live Monitoring & Mixing
- Truly Powerful NdFeB Magnet System Offers Instant Dynamic Response
- Telescoping Stainless Steel Arms w/Sizing Scale; 180° Rotatable Ear Cups
- Leather Headband; Aluminum Ear Shells; Comfortable Leather Ear Pads
- Single-Sided Straight Cable Duct & Screw-On Jack for Increased Durability
LyxPro HAS-10 Closed Back Over Ear Professional Studio Monitor, and Mixing Headphones are earphones used for their great sound monitoring and mixing properties and are loved by musicians, instrumentalists for their lightweight and flexibility. These professionally acclaimed earphones are affordable, reliable, and comfortable and can be used in the studios, at home, or on the DJ stand. It is a very good choice for mixing and recording sound as these professional earphones are built with technology. It is a good choice for mixing and recording sound and listening to music every day. It has a very smart feature of a balanced sound and durable design. It comes with the latest version of 45 mm magnetic drivers need of neodymium. Glitter stitched headband and all earpads made out of leather and coupled with foam make it very light and easy to use. It has 180° rotatable earcups, which allow single-ear listening also. It comes with a three-meter cable.
- Package dimension 10 x 8.23.8 inches
- An item with 10.4 ounces
- RATING 9.5
- Price $39.99
- These closed back earphones have very good sound quality.
- They are a true bargain for the money
- Made out of good quality material and are durable earphones
- Not durable
- Sometimes uncomfortable due to the weight which is heavier compare to others of this range
- Precisely balanced response provides reference-monitor accuracy
- Professional 40mm drivers for extended 16Hz - 20kHz frequency response
- Over-ear design and lightweight construction for exceptional comfort
- Closed-back design maximizes isolation
- Self-adjusting headband ensures perfect fit
The AKG Pro Matte Black and Gold Closed back Studio earphones are available in a mix of black and gold color. They have 14 mm, drivers, giving the highest sensitivity and frequency response, which results in very powerful output and reveals even the smallest details of the music. Their no impedance design is compatible with a wide range of audio devices that range from professional to home music players. It eliminates any form of sound leaking and delivers the audio-only to the ears. This exceptional level of noise cancellation is provided by a new acoustic chamber that is fitted between the earcup and the headband. It is very stylish and comfortable at the same time. It provides for good professional music building during fine-tuning of tracks. The headband with the self-adjusting feature is lightweight and is good for long hours of use. They have helped create some of the world’s most iconic recordings and deliver great sound in the studios and beyond.
- Item weight is 1.2 pounds
- Product dimensions are 8.66 x 4.33 x 9.25 inches
- It is available in the colour black
- RATING 9.4
- Price: $48.51
- These closed back earphones show the great frequency response
- Good quality sound which is very clear
- Loved by professionals
- Many customers complained that these earphones would stop working after a few days or months
- The quality of the earphone is not well-loved by the buyers
- Detachable in-line volume control
- Voiced to remain true to the character of KRK’s class leading studio monitors, developed with 25 years of years of experience in studio sound.
- The latest reference quality frequency response for closed-back, circum-aural dynamic headphones.
- Newly developed headphone acoustical system bringing a new level of headphone performance for the first time.
- Utilizing the latest in acoustic memory foam technology this ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.
The KRK KNS 8400 Closed Back Studio Monitor earphones came with volume control and contoured your fit. Remaining true to the character of KRK, these earphones provide excellent sound quality and proper noise cancellation. They are built with the latest reference frequency response quality, and the earphones fit accurately along the ears’ contours. These newly developed earphones have an acoustic system that brings a new level of your fun performance. They utilize the acoustic memory foam technology to ensure leading performance in both reproduction and isolation of sound. The KRK headphones give a very clear music experience and take one from the home’s personal comfort to the commercial studios on the go. Their delicate design makes them differentiate between the slightest difference in pitch, tone, timbre, and perfect mix from every music. Confirming gently to the unique shape of each head, they provide comfortable, long-lasting wear.
- Item weight is 8.2 ounces
- Product dimensions are 10.75 x 4 x 9.75 inches
- Colour is available in black
- Adjustable, foldable and portable earphones to carry on the move
- Fits the unique shape of each head; they provide comfortable with long-lasting wear.
- Replaceable cable
- RATING 9.3
- Price $110.54
- These earphones have a natural white frequency response
- Very low distortion and good sound clarity is provided
- Detachable and replaceable locking cable
- Replaceable ear cushions
- Hardware failure and malfunctions are sometimes complained about
- Sound is sometimes flat, needs more amplification
- 40 mm neodymium drivers deliver superior acoustic performance for an expansive soundstage with clear extended highs and warm bass
- Diaphragm developed with APTIV Film for improved linearity and lower THD (total harmonic distortion)
- Closed-back circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Lightweight construction features aircraft-grade aluminum alloy yoke and carbon fiber cap for enhanced durability
- Steel driver frame with vented center pole piece improves linearity and eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance at all listening levels
This Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed back Headphones are premium quality and come inbuilt with a 40 mm driver and are made up of new premium material to deliver a high-quality acoustic performance of sound. They offer high soundstage quality and make them loved amongst people. The circumoral design makes it easy to fit around the ears easily, providing comfortable wear and allows proper noise cancellation. They have an ergonomic frame fitted with a headband at the bank to make it lightweight and adjustable for long as you’re comfortable listening. These earphones come in with a lot of other accessories in the box.
- Item weight is 16 ounces
- Product dimensions are 10.5 x 9 x 4.5 inches
- It is available in the colour black
- RATING 9.2
- Price: $499.00
- Best high-end headphones in this category
- Comes with a lot of other accessories in the box
- Good and sturdy quality earphones
- A few customers faced cable connection malfunction.
- The stock frequency balance with different audio systems is not appropriate.
- The HD 820 delivers an unparalleled, reference-grade audiophile listening experience in a closed headphone
- Innovative glass reflectors and frequency absorber systems replicate the wide open characteristics of audiophile speakers in a sealed earcup design
- 56mm Ring Radiator transducers and Glass Reflectors provide total immersion in your music with absolute detail and a breathtaking soundstage
- Made in Germany using the finest materials for sound integrity, build quality, and luxurious comfort
- Connectivity technology: Wired
The Sennheiser HD 8 20 closed back earphones are quite natural and transparent. They have a great reference audiophile that combines an innovative glass reflector and ring radiator transducer technology for high-quality music experience. It fits perfectly around ears because of the soft earpad and provides long comfort. They come with two cables for connecting to a single-ended 1/4 inch and balanced 4.4 MM outputs. The reference class functions to reflect energy from the driver’s back to allow full absorption of sound. The transducer radiator ring is one of the key features of this earphone and provides an accurate frequency spectrum. They are lightweight good quality earphones. Their sound quality is based on clarity which is provided through the unique sound absorption system.
- Item weight is 12.6 ounces
- Comes in a deluxe storage box
- Product dimensions 15.91 x 13.6 x 5.98 inches
- RATING 9.1
- Price: $1,900.00
- Amazing pull through sound quality
- Great value for money is offered
- Good noise cancellation
- Customers want more features in this range.
These are the best closed back earphones for 2021. However, while making purchase for closed back headphones there are a few things we need to keep in mind. Since the market is full of brands and different features of earphones are available, choosing the correct type of earphone one wants to buy is the primary rule one should follow. After deciding to type with earphone one wants to buy they should list down the earphones they would want to review of that type.
The close back earphone is popular and comes with an outer casing to prevent any sort of noise escape. They provide a better base output and are a good choice for headphones on the move. They are also good for recording an audio mixing. A few things to keep in mind are-
Each one mostly has a set budget when one sets out to buy earphones. Ranging from low to high end an array of options is available for one to choose from. Not only higher-end earphones, features and technologies are made available across a wide range of low-end earphones too. One should choose earphones based on features and their needs as per their budget.
When buying earphone that is very important to match the impedance of the earphones to the device one will be using it with. To get a good definition of sound the two devices must be compatible to allow proper sound clarity and to enhance the features of the earphones.
Sensitivity if one is very sensitive factors one needs to keep in mind. Any concerns with the headphones volume levels one should look at the sensitivity of the headphones. How loud your music’s over the earphones get depends on the sensitivity. If one is very sensitive to loud sound earphone is below 85 dB would be very soft and should be considered. However, 110 dB could potentially damage hearing abilities. The perfect range of sensitivity ranges from 96 dB to 110dB.
In earphones drivers are responsible for converting the electrical signals and sound pressure. The larger the driver the sound quality will improve. Driver also adjusts the base and allows enjoyable music experience. This selection of durable and balanced drivers is needed for a good earphone experience.
Comfort and fit
When one buys earphone and it is very important for one to see if it’s comfortable and fitting well. Using earphones for long can make it very uncomfortable if the headband or the ear pad are not made of soft material. Although leather is comfortable it sometimes becomes too hot after long hours of usage therefore opting for a mesh would be a better option
Noise cancellation becomes necessary if one wants to use the earphones for long flights or closed commutes like subways. Often people experience heightened pressure and headaches due to active noise cancellation however passive nice cancellation is more comfortable and appeals to the mass. Passive noise control earphones have an extra added padding to keep sounds that are unwanted from the ears. If one wants sound isolation one should all go for the close back earphones to allow proper music experience while cutting out the outside sound.
Branding is not necessary
For most people, brands are not important when it comes to proper accessory selection. Most brands offer an array of features. In order to find the best earphones, one must explore across the spectrum of brands to look for new features and technologies that each brand has to offer. Pricing changes according to brands and one can easily find good products in budget friendly prices, if one explores different brands.
Although style and looks are not the only thing one looks for in a earphone, it plays a huge role in choosing one. Stylish earphones add to the look and gives a vibe that enhances a person’s appearance. However, it is not necessary that earphones with good looks will always be good earphones. One should always see par looks to invest in a good pair of earphones.
Based on one’s taste of music, one can choose the earphones. If one prefers to listen to music in isolation, closed back earphones are a go to option. However, if one enjoys music in a more natural setting, open backed earphones can be selected. Thus, choosing earphones becomes a personal decision based on one’s likes and preferences.
Thus, to have an enjoyable music recording or listening experience, one can choose from among these earphones. They have some unique features and are made with the advanced technologies that provide the best quality and clarity of sound. Closed back earphones are built to allow total sound isolation and are thus rated among the best closed back headphones for 2021.
Ultimately the most important thing one should consider is how one is going to use their phones. If one moves about a lot with earphones or will want to use them in a professional setting, one should choose likewise. There are thousands of products out there in the market. Therefore, product that fits your choice and needs is available and finding one shouldn’t be very difficult. The above list of the best closed back headphones for 2021 is going to make your search easier! You should also check out the Best Open Back Headphones for Gaming for 2021.