If you wonder how you can move around with two kids, we can help you find the best double stroller. Parents with two (or more) children close in age will find this a valuable tool. It is very common for parents to use a double stroller. When they have two or more children around the same age, a double stroller can be quite useful for the parents. However, such a stroller can be pretty costly. This is why parents must always explore alternatives to double strollers if they find a more cost-efficient option.
Some innovative strollers have a board attached to them to be used for older siblings. The board is attached to the base of the stroller that comes in handy in pulling it. Such boards are very common and made so that they can fit in various kinds of strollers. Another great option to use is a baby carrier. The baby carrier can be utilized for carrying your smaller child, and the older child can be put in a stroller or another baby carrier. These are a few alternatives you could consider.
Double strollers come in different types. Strollers come in three basic types: side-by-side, in-line, and convertible.
Side-by-side strollers: Side-by-side strollers are those that have their seats next to one another. This is evident by the name of the stroller itself. The advantage of getting such a stroller is that they boast excellent features like additional space between the seats and more legroom. The design of this particular type of stroller where the seats are placed beside one another provides an ease to the parents in many ways. Such a design enables the parents to teach their children easily and keep an eye on them more clearly. Side-by-side strollers have a disadvantage, though. As the stroller becomes too wide, it is difficult to take them through narrow doorways and aisles. They are also a little tough to handle in areas where there is a crowd.
In-line strollers: There are two single-file seats in in-line strollers, which is sometimes called a tandem stroller. In in-line strollers, it is common to observe that the seat at the back is slightly raised than the one in the front. Such a design allows parents to see both children even when they are seated behind one another. There are also some in-line strollers where the seats are on the same level of height. This kind of stroller is not that wide in shape, so it provides handling and fits in a small space. Some disadvantages of this stroller could be that they do not boast that many features and do not have extra leg space. The length of in-lines and their tendency to be front-heavy make them a bit trickier to maneuver since they tend to be longer and longer.
Convertible strollers: Convertible strollers should be opted for when you have a family that you expect will grow in the future. However, it should be kept in mind that such strollers are more expensive than the other types of double strollers. Your situation will determine which double stroller is right for your family. Take into account how you plan to use it most frequently. Asking yourself questions about your exact needs before purchasing a stroller is an important part of the buying process to help you buy the best double stroller.
Best Double Strollers
- Small-folding stroller rides like a double, but folds like a single stroller, making transport and storage easy
- Includes two stroller seats, a bench seat, and a standing platform for multiple options as your family grows
- Close-to-you rear seat makes connecting with baby easier
- Compatible with all Graco infant car seats, and accepts two at once, making it a great twin stroller
- Bench seat and standing platform provide options for your independent toddler to ride along
- The lightest weight (23.5 pounds), most compact, and maneuverable full-size double stroller available, max child weight 90 pounds
- Full-size removable rear seat has a multi-position recline and holds a child from 6 months to 45 pounds
- Front seat accommodates a child from 3 months to 45 pounds and reclines to 3-positions
- Rear bench seat and standing platform holds child 2.5 years and up to 45 pounds, rear seat canopy extension protects the rear child when seated
- Includes parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands, check Joovy website for the most current car seat list
- RECOMMENDED USE: Each seat holds up to 40 pounds (80 pounds total). Canopies feature pop out SPF 50 sun visors to shield little ones. Peak a boo windows allow you to keep an eye on your children. Swivel bars make it easy to get children in and out
- LIGHTWEIGHT: This stroller features an aluminum frame. Weighs 28.66 pounds. Storage bin provides plenty of room for toys, snacks, etc. Double stroller features 1680D fabric that is durable and water resistant
- SIZE: Assembled dimensions (in inches): 29.5 (width), 36.2 (depth), 41.7 (height). Folded dimensions: 29.5 (width), 30 (depth), 13.4 (height). Easy/compact standing fold, foam handles and carry strap for easy storing or traveling. Quick release wheels
- SMOOTH RIDE: 7 inch swivel lock front wheels (unlock for easy maneuverability; lock for added stability on bumpy surfaces). 10 inch back wheels with suspension for a smooth, comfortable ride. One step back break lock. Fits through standard 30 inch doorways
- SAFE & COMFORTABLE: Independent, multi position reclining seats and adjustable foot rests. 5 point safety harnesses. Reflective shoulder pads ensure you can be seen during nighttime walks. JPMA certified; meets or exceeds ASTM and applicable CPSC standards
- Most compact and maneuverable full-size double stroller available, max child weight 90 pounds
- The full-size removable rear seat has a multi-position recline and holds a child from 6 months to 45 pounds
- Front seat accommodates a child from 3 months to 45 pounds and reclines to 3-positions
- Rear bench seat and standing platform holds child 2.5 years and up to 45 pounds. Expandable canopy
- Includes a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands, check Joovy website for the most current car seat list; Meets Disneyland / Disney World stroller size requirements
- With a sleek, nimble, and lightweight design, this is the perfect everyday double stroller for running errands or wandering downtown with your children
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use as a single or double with an infant car seat, pram, or glider board (sold separately
- Create a travel system with most Britax, Cybex, Graco, and Maxi Cosi infant car seats (adapters for other brands' infant car seats sold separately)
- Baby Jogger's signature one-step fold with auto-lock ensures easy transportation and storage
- The near-flat recline seats and adjustable calf supports provide maximum comfort so your children can stretch out and relax
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & Air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect Fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; no-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 10 storage pockets and extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; includes a cell phone pocket handlebar
- Travel system ready: Compatible with most major brand car seats with the use of a BOB infant car seat Adapter (sold separately)
- Fit: Birth to 50 lbs per seat (100 lbs total); 0 to 8 weeks when used with compatible Duallie adapter and infant car seat; meets Disney size requirements
- Lightweight: a lightweight stroller makes outings with two little ones a little easier! The 3Dlite double's durable aluminum frame weighs under 22 pounds and it offers a large seat area, plus Anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels.
- For travel and everyday: whether you're traveling, or running errands close to home, a lightweight, compact stroller is a must! With this double stroller for toddlers, you'll have both an everyday and travel stroller option.
- Individual reclining seats: keep your kiddos comfortable and safe at all times in this double umbrella stroller with side by side seats. It HAS separate adjustable recline on each seat for comfort, as well as 5-point safety harnesses.
- Compact fold: the easy compact fold with carry handle and auto lock makes it simple to store this stroller stroller and bring it on the go! Plus, the dual adjustable and removable canopies with flip-out sun visors are perfect for sunny days.
- Extra storage: there's plenty of storage in this stroller so you won't have to leave anything at home. It includes two extra-large storage baskets, two rear storage pockets, and a cup holder.
- Fits through standard doors and navigates narrow checkout lines
- Adjustable extra-large sun protection canopy with a peek-a-boo window
- Each seat can independently recline in infinite positions. Adjustable footests.
- Built-in, removable bumper bar. Snack trays available for purchase.
- One-hand fold, fits in most trunks. Open Size: 32" x 30" x 44.5", Folded Size: 35.5" x 30" x 13".
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: Package includes a double stroller and 2-pack of infant car seats; SHIPPING DISCLAIMER: Due to the size of the items in this package, your order will ship in multiple boxes and may not all arrive on the same day
- DOUBLE STROLLER: Tandem double stroller with various riding positions lets the whole family enjoy a beautiful walk together. The double stroller's front and rear seats accept up to 2 infant car seats. Compatible with the included Baby Trend Infant Car Seat.
- DOUBLE STROLLER FEATURES: Includes 5 5-point safety harness that keeps your child extra secure and adjustable canopy to protect your child from harmful UV rays. Fast 1 handed fold design and foot-activated rear parking brake for the busy parent. Stroller dimensions (L x W x H): 20 x 13.8 x 42 inches; Stroller weight: 39 pounds
- 2-PACK OF INFANT CAR SEATS: Each car seat in the 2-pack accommodates weights between 5 and 35 pounds and up to 30 inches tall and includes a deluxe seat pad and reversible infant insert specially designed to cradle your child.
- CAR SEAT FEATURES: Contains a 5-point harness with easy one-hand harness adjustment and height-adjustable seat back eliminating the hassle of harness re-threading. Is also designed with safety features like EPS energy-absorbing foam and an adjustable 2-panel canopy. Carseat dimensions (L x W x H): 18.75 x 16.5 x 28.63 inches; Weight per car seat: 18.6 pounds
- An all-terrain double stroller perfect for jogging or strolling throughh town
- Swivel front wheel locks into place for jogging
- Large 16" rear wheels plus suspension for an ultra smooth ride
- One-handed, compact fold to easily store and transport
- Integrated twist hand brake provides speed control
- ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT -- Travel-friendly lightweight design (only 23 lbs) is perfect for traveling and day trips. The width of this stroller fully assembled is 31 inches which should allow this stroller to roll through any standard door smoothly.
- LARGE CANOPY -- Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection and coverage. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily keep a watchful eye on your baby.
- RECLINING SEAT -- Reclining seat offers 5-point safety restraint system and accommodates child to 40 pounds per seat. (80 lbs total) Seat does not recline completely flat. Seat Width - 12.5 Inch.
- EXTRA STORAGE -- Include one parent tray with two drink holders, removable child trays with dual cup and juice box holder. Two large and easy to access storage basket holds all baby's necessities.
- EASY STANDING FOLD -- Convenient self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations. Folded Dimensions: 20"L x 31"W x 33.5"H.
- Accommodates 2 Baby Trend infant Car Seats
- Dimensions: 32.5" W x 46" L x 43 H" | Weight: 43 lbs
- Locking front swivel wheels, and pneumatic bicycle tires.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- Recommended Use: 6 m - 50 lbs (each child)
- Convenient parent tray includes two cup holders and covered storage compartment
- The lightest weight, most compact, and maneuverable double stroller available allows your older child to sit and stand on the rear platform or bench seat. 22 pounds
- Includes parent organizer and a universal car seat adapter that fits most major brands. Check the Joovy website for the most recent list. Never allow a rear seated child to use the canopy as a hand hold
- New rear seat canopy extension protects the rear seated child. Also compatible with the Caboose Rear Seat that adds a full size, forward facing rear seat (if your older child is still too young to stand)
- Older children love to ride on the Caboose. It makes them feel more grown up and allows them to step on and off the stroller by themselves (your back will thank you)
- Rear canopy extension gives back seat rider protection, Material- 300D Polyester, Open Size- 38 x 21.25 x 42 inches(L W H), Folded Size- 45.25 x 21.25 x 10 inches(L W H), Stroller Weight- 23.5 pounds, Minimum Child Age- 3 months or from Birth with Car Seat Adapter, Maximum Child Weight- 45 pounds each seat, 90 pounds total
- Children can sit in the front and rear seats of this stroller or stand on the rear platform
- Removable rear seat converts stroller to traditional Sit N Stand.NEVER use the stroller on stairways or escalators
- One hand fold is fast and easy to use, large basket for storage. To clean the seat pad, use only mild household soap or detergent and warm water on a sponge or clean cloth
- Removable/Swing away child tray with cup holder, Covered parent tray with 2-cup holders
- Accepts two infant car seats: Car Seats sold separately
- Accepts 2 infant car seats
- Stadium seating
- Larger cradle frame for better fit for all car seats
- 2 cup holder parent tray with covered storage compartment
- Large drop down storage basket
- Weighs just 28 lbs; Super easy one-handed fold
- Tons of storage with a large storage basket and included parent organizer
- Extra-large air-filled tires with a locking and swiveling front tire for a smooth ride
- Dual canopies: waterproof and UPF 50+ sun protection
- Included tire pump
- Social Share
- Live Feed
- Baby Stroller Shop
- Baby Product Buy
- Baby blog
- Biggest wheels of any compact double stroller on the market for a smooth ride and easy, one-handed push
- Super easy one-handed fold. Folds WITH the included tray.
- Customizable recline, more headroom and a wider seat. Adjustable 3-position footrest. Seat fabric is removable and machine-washable.
- Built-in Storage: mesh cup holder and zipper pocket for keys and drinks. Plus large lower storage space, with a whopping 15 lbs capacity.
- Extra-large water repellant canopies provides UPF 50 sun protection from almost any angle. Includes peek-a-boo windows
- All new side by side double stroller with infant car seat compatibility, self-standing enhanced storage, adjustable handlebar and improved features
- Travel system ready: compatible with 1 Britax or BOB infant car seat (adapter sold separately)
- Lightweight stroller with all wheel suspension, linked parking brake, and self-standing quick fold
- Extra-large storage basket, 6 pockets, independent infinite reclining seats and ventilated UV 50+ canopies
- Fit: Birth to 50 pounds each seat; maximum unfolded dimensions 40.75 l x 31.5 w x 41.4 h inches; buckle strap depth 4.5"
So the decision to decide which is the best double stroller depends on many factors and varies from the situations and needs of person to person. It is helpful to gauge your needs and situations by asking yourself various questions. For example, think about what kind of area you will be using the stroller in, the city or suburbs. Think about whether your doors are wide enough to accommodate the stroller you want.
There might be some confusion concerning double strollers since many of you have never heard of them. It is challenging to travel with kids, especially if two or more children are in the family. That’s why double strollers can be a great investment – plus, many strollers today are designed to grow with your children. Here are some tips to help you decide on thebest double stroller.
- Age: Infant strollers that accommodate both infant car seats are the best option for twin infants. Strollers that are suitable for both running and walking can be found in running stroller models. Most models have at least one seat compatible with a car seat, so every type is suitable for an infant or toddler. There is no good option here for umbrella double strollers, so stay away from these.
- Use: It is also important to consider the use of the product. Make sure the weight and design of the product are appropriate. For example, seeking a lighter option for the use of walks in the city is a good idea, like a double stroller with an umbrella, perhaps. Whereas for travel or going to the mall, you can opt for an all-terrain stroller.
- Compactness and weight: Weight is an important consideration. There is a big difference in weight between double strollers meant for jogging and those implied for traveling. 30-50 pound strollers are the most appropriate. Research has confirmed that they are the most stable and structurally sound. Some heavier models, such as jogging and all-terrain strollers, fold down into very small sizes, making them easy to transport. It does not mean a model isn’t portable if it’s heavier than most. It is more important whether the stroller can be folded.
- Safety: The high-end models have larger wheels and pneumatic tires for different terrains, which means they are more comfortable and smoother than cheap models. It is also easy to steer and provides a smooth ride thanks to the front-wheel suspension. Therefore, you should take note of that.
- Structure The stroller needs to have a five-point harness, adjustable handlebars, and reclining seats. Having the handlebar adapted to your height is great for pushing. It significantly affects your child’s experience. Reclinable seats also help accommodate babies that are in different positions.
Convertibility is commonly used in the context of single-to-double conversion. A universal car seat adapter is essential in this case so that two car seats can be attached. Additionally, the seat must be able to recline to accommodate various configurations. Two kids should have a stroller that can turn into a jogging stroller, be used for city walks, and be used on all terrains.