Best Electric Pressure Cookers for 2021
Pressure cookers are a great invention, and with the best electric pressure cookers, you cannot help yourself loving them. They have revolutionized the cooking industry, made life easier, and reduced cooking time. Whether you are cooking stew or roasting meat, everything is easy for a pressure cooker. Therefore, if you have not started pressure cooking your meals, you are missing out. Here is why.
Benefits of an Electric Pressure Cooker
Electric cookers are pretty similar to conventional pressure cookers, but they come with an in-built heating mechanism. The heating unit, packed inside the cooker with clamp-type locks, prevents the heat within from being released. The mechanism is better compared to the interlocking lids found in today’s countertop models.
Electric pressure cookers are some of the most reviewed cooking apparatus today. Their flexibility is beyond description. It would be a good idea to learn more about the benefits of using an electric pressure cooker. They include:
- Retaining Nutrients
Regardless of how you prepare your foods, you can rest assured that there is no nutritional loss. That is because pressure cooking retains all nutrients in foods effectively. It operates at low temperatures but still cooks very fast due to the added pressure. Therefore, nutrients are exposed to heat for a shorter period, cutting nutrient loss significantly.
- No Harmful Compounds
Foods rich in carbohydrates often form acrylamide when being cooked. This is especially when baked or roasted. The harmful compound often leads to adverse ailments such as infertility and cancer. Luckily, pressurized steam contains a smaller percentage of acrylamide when compared to other methods.
Better still, pressure cooking effectively decreases aflatoxin and lectin levels in foods. Therefore, it is an ideal means for cooking rice, beans, corn, and wheat.
- Cooks Faster
The best electric pressure cookers are always sealed shut. This way, the steam produced inside them is not lost. It causes the pressure inside the cooker to rise progressively as more steam is produced. In turn, pressure increases the boiling point of water inside the container. The high pressure also forces heat into the foods, making them cook faster, unlike other methods. This quality makes you save tons of time.
- Preserves Flavors
Pressure cooking better preserves foods’ flavors in comparison to other methods. For instance, the cooker ensures that it falls right off the bone with minimum effort when cooking meat. Besides, the food’s juices are cooked in getting absorbed into the meat, making them juicy and tender.
- Reduced Energy Consumption
Electric pressure cookers are the real deal when it comes to energy consumption. They cut cooking time by 75%. With pressure cooking, there is less water to heat, meaning that the cooker reaches boiling faster. This saves time and energy.
- Super Easy to Use and Convenient
Using an electric pressure cooker is a hassle-free process. You only need to set it and focus on other activities. That makes it a perfect deal for individuals with busy lifestyles. Also, the cookers come with unique features that protect users from any harm. The features also ensure a stable temperature and pressure inside.
With all these upsides, an electric cooker is indeed worth the investment. It empowers you to enjoy a home-cooked meal without spending many hours in the kitchen. However, you need to pick the best electric pressure cookers to enjoy the above benefits with the many brands available. Some of the best brands include the following.
- 7-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Pressure cook, slow cook, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan and food warmer.
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING: 13 customizable Smart Programs for pressure cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more.
- COOK FAST OR SLOW: Pressure cook delicious one-pot meals up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods or slow cook your favorite traditional recipes – just like grandma used to make.
- QUICK AND EASY CLEAN UP: Finger-print resistant, stainless-steel sides and dishwasher-safe lid, inner pot, and accessories.
- GREAT FOR GROWING PROVEN SAFETY FEATURES: Includes over 10 safety features, plus overheat protection and safe-locking lid.
- Pressure cooker and slow cooker in one
- Cook meat, fish, chicken, vegetables, beans, rice, grains, even desserts
- Fast and easy, just set and the rest is automatic
- Function settings for high pressure, low pressure, slow cook, brown, sauté, and keep Warm
- High-speed pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients, tenderizes less expensive cuts of meat
- Huge 10-quart capacity multi-use cooker with 19 programmed settings.
- Cooks large amounts of meat, poultry, soup, even a dozen ears of corn.
- Presets for high/low pressure cooking and slow cooking; specific settings for ribs, roast, fish, poultry, veggies, rice, multigrains, stew, soup, beans, desserts.
- Extra-wide pot assures efficient space for browning and sautéing.
- Senses actual temperature inside pot for precise cooking. No need to adjust for altitude.
- Extra large: largest pressure cooker in the market, Easily prepare a meal for a full house with 14 quarts of cooking capacity.
- Faster than stovetop cooking: proven to be a faster cooking method than traditional stovetop cooking, This cooker will prepare your delicious meals with a touch of a button.
- All in one: featuring 12 cooking programs replacing the functions of 9 Appliances into one. Cooking programs include rice, Multigrain, Soup, Multigrain, porridge, bean/chili, poultry, steam, egg maker, yogurt, slow cook and saute. Tested and designed with optimal time and temperature taking the guesswork out of cooking.
- Set it: have food ready at the right time with the built-in 24-hour delay timer. This pressure cooker is also equipped with an auto keep Warm feature and can slow cook for up to 20 hours.
- Accessories + recipes: included with your pressure cooker: (1) rice Spoon and (1) measuring cup. This pressure cooker also comes with 50 Starter pressure cooker recipes, so you can start making tasty meals right away! Get more tips, tricks and recipes through our influencers on social media and our go WISE community.
- Designed for pressure canning, pressure cooking, steam cooking and slow cooking
- Features a removable 9. 5 qt. Non-stick aluminum inner pot, canning rack, steam rack, safety lock lid, and removable condensation catcher
- Multi-functional digital display with timer
- Includes standard and high-altitude limiting valves, 10 psi and 15 psi
- Multiple built-in safety features - ETL listed
- Fingerprint-proof brushed stainless steel housing with 6 quart capacity has a digital thermostat
- Push button control for cooking options and programmed settings of low & high pressure, browning, simmer, sauté and automatic keep Warm
- Unit has a 99-minute time and LED countdown display: 0-40 minutes = 1-minute increments 40-99 minutes =5-minute increments
- Has cool-touch side handles and dishwasher-safe nonstick cooking pot and trivet
- Unit is 1000 watts and has a limited 3-year warranty
- COMPATIBLE WITH - Instant Pot DUO Mini, Instapot DUO PLUS MINI, Insta pot DUO60, DUO50, DUO Plus60, DUO Plus Mini, Smart 60 Bluetooth, Ultra, Ultra 6, and Ultra 60, Instant Zest Rice Cooker, Power Cooker PC-TRI6, PCXL-PRO6, PCXL-PRO8, PPC770, PPC770-1, PPC780, PPC790, PPC773, and PC-WAL1, Pressure Cooker / Rice Cooker / Soy Milk Maker / Slow Cooker / CPC-600 Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker, and Power Quick Pot All series. Pls Note: Does not fit Crock Pot
- STABLE & HEAVY DUTY - Zonefly patented product, DurableMade of high quality materials, copper core material, 8-core design (other products only 4-core). Carry: 100V-250V at 10A.
- ADVANTAGE - Connectors: USA 3-pin plug NEMA 5-15P to IEC C13 , Category: American 3 Prong. It Is Convenient to Be A Replacement for The Overused, Old, Broken or Damaged Power Cord. SAFETY /UL - ested, Approved and Certified by-UL. Overheating Protection, Overload Protection with High Quality Wires.
- COMPATIBLE WITH RICE COOKER - Instant Zest Rice Cooker 20 cup 8 cup, Aroma Housewares Rice Cooker 2Qt/4Qt 2-8 cup, COMFEE' Rice Cooker, Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker. Mueller Pressure Cooker, Yedi Pressure Cooker
- ARRANTY - 180 Days Refund - 24 Months Exchange. USA based company.
- 11-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Air fry, roast, bake, dehydrate, pressure cook, slow cook, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan, yogurt maker, sterilizer and food warmer.
- THE INSTANT POT THAT AIR FRIES: From the makers of the best-selling Duo series comes a pressure cooker and air fryer combo, with 2 convenient removable lids.
- EVENCRISP TECHNOLOGY: The included air fryer lid delivers all the crunch and tenderness of deep-frying with 95% less oil.
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING: 11 customizable Smart Programs for air frying, pressure cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more.
- VERSATILE INNER COOKING POT: Food-grade stainless-steel cooking pot with a tri-ply bottom offers more even cooking and an anti-spin design that secures the pot for perfect sautéing.
- Rockridge Pr
- Randolph, Laurel (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 176 Pages - 04/06/2016 (Publication Date) - Rockridge Press (Publisher)
Electric pressure cookers are some of the best appliances available in the market today. The pressure cookers are self-contained units resting on countertops and plugs. The lid cannot be removed when under pressure, a feature that ensures safety.
However, when you decide to buy an electric pressure cooker, you might be spoilt of choices. This is because of the various brands you have to choose from. Luckily, we have shared some tips to guide you on the key things you should look out for when choosing the best electric pressure cookers.
- Ease of Use
When choosing an electric pressure cooker, ensure to pick one that is easy to use. While they are generally easy to use, you might need some time to familiarize yourself with the buttons and settings. That is why it makes sense to choose a cooker that is easier to learn. Regardless of how intimidating the pressure cooker might be, it would help if you were patient enough to go through and understand the manual.
Modern pressure cooker models come with digital controls that make the use of adjustments in a direct mode. Ensure to check the main settings to choose an ideal cooker.
It is vital to choose an electric pressure cooker based on your home’s requirements. Size is crucial because it determines the amount and types of meals you can cook with the appliance. Therefore, you should consider your family size and pick a cooker that will meet all your needs.
Like other appliances, it is vital to check the material used to make an electric pressure cooker. The material continually defines the reliability and durability of your appliance. Choose a pot made of high-quality stainless steel units. The material does not rust and lasts longer.
It is essential to look at the cost of an electric pressure cooker before placing your bid. Undoubtedly, some of the best electric pressure cookers might be more expensive than the regular models. So, you should set your budget right to get the best version.
Many pressure cooker manufacturers are advertising their services today. If you have to go with a brand, make sure to pick one that has been in the industry for many years. Look for a brand that enjoys the best reviews and testimonials in the market. This is vital because you can find them easily if you need to replace parts on your electric pressure cooker.
Considering the above factors will help you reap the benefits of the best electric pressure cookers in the market today. However, it is vital to prioritize quality and safety to enjoy cooking your meals with these appliances.