Best floor standing speakers under 500
Want to listen to some operas, or want to rock jam? Well, then choose among the best floor standing speakers under 500 and enjoy music in the best possible way.
Tower speakers on the floor or standing speakers are all the same. They are tall versions of the sound systems. They make the sound system even more contemporary and stylish. You can choose from a wide variety of these speakers, which range of 2-way basic speakers to 4 ways highly effective speakers. Simply connect them to any source, and enjoy an expansive and detailed surround sound.
Types of floor standing speakers
Tower speakers have a lot of variety when it comes to acoustic arrays they have. Some tend to have two drivers; some have four drivers or some three drivers. Higher the number of drivers, the more accurate and cleaner the sound output gets. These types have different outputs and come in different price ranges.
- 2-way tower speakers: In this type of speaker, there are only two drivers; one tweeter and one woofer. The woofers are effective in delivering lower frequencies while the tweeter controls the higher frequencies. Both drivers produce Mid-range frequency.
- 3-way tower speakers: In these speakers, there are three drivers, one each for three different frequencies. One tweeter is for the high frequencies; one subwoofer is for the mid-range and the woofer for the lower frequency. These speakers produce cleaner and sharper sounds, as the frequencies are appropriately differentiated.
- 4-way tower speakers: These are the perfect choice for those who are real audiophiles. These speakers produce the best quality sound with complete accuracy and power. These speakers have four drivers – one tweeter, one super tweeter, one woofer, and one subwoofer.
Why use floor standing speakers?
Some of the reasons why floor standing speakers are the best choice of today’s generation are:
- Sleek and modern: Floor standing speakers are sleek in design. This means they are best suitable to make the entire room look more contemporary. They are much better looking than those bulky amplifiers that sit on the shelf. You can find many types and sizes of floor standing speakers that are more stylish and trendy. Also, you can find these speakers in various body designs. Simply pick the one which suits the room’s decors the best.
- Deeper sound quality: When it comes to having a home theatre that is complete, and that delivers all types of sound perfectly, these tall and standing speakers are the best addition. Along with smaller amplifiers, the standing speakers make the sound crisper and more expansive. The taller the speakers, the better the sound’s directional feel, as it covers the larger area of the room effortlessly. This makes the surround sound feel of the home theatre more prominent.
- Compatible: One of the biggest benefits these tall speakers have is that they are compatible with many devices. You can easily connect them to the surrounding sound systems, TV, play stations, satellite receiver, DVD player, MP3 player, internet TV, and phones. Some of the speakers even have USB connectivity and FM radio installed in them. This makes these speakers a lot more versatile than just simple amplifiers. Watch movies, listen to music, play games, and watch sports, and get a feel of surround sound at all times. Let’s begin with our top 10 floor standing speakers list.
Best Floor Standing Speakers Under 500
The best Floor Standing Speakers under 500 are listed below.
Audio systems and home theater systems should have the best integrations and inclusions. Polk Audio T50 150 Watt Home Theater is the best example of this. Polk is known for its audio innovations and has for years created some of the best in the range. These speakers are also made with the same passion as they come inbuilt with Polk’s dynamic balance technology. This is a floor-standing speaker that will enhance the room’s audio experience and this at a great price.
- High-quality amplification: This stand-on-the-floor speaker gives the best amplification of sound compared to others in the market. Polk Audio T50 150 Watt Home Theater is perfect for watching movies, TV, playing games, or listening to music in a small or mid-size room.
- Surround sound: These speakers are perfect for a surround sound effect. Polk Audio T50 150 Watt Home Theater has two bass radiators (65 inches), which are ideal for making the sound reach all the corners of the room. Other than this, it also has one 6.5 inch driver and one 1 inch silk dome tweeter.
- Better compatibility: One of the best things about the Polk Audio T50 150 Watt Home Theater is that it is compatible with many AV devices out there. You can set it up in one room or multiple rooms and pair it with 2.0, 3.1, 3.0 systems, or surround sound systems of 5.1, 7.1, and 9.1.
- Gives surround sound audio
- Durable and premium quality build
- Comes with dynamic balance technology from Polk
- Smaller footprint
- Not good for very big rooms
- The base is not adjustable.
- In high volumes, it causes bass distortions.
Want an aesthetically pleasing, floor-standing speaker designed by Andrew Jones at a price that is budget-friendly? Then Pioneer SP-FS52 Home Audio Loudspeaker is the right choice for you. It is small, looks great when standing in the living room, and has great audio output. The speakers have a perfectly built audio system that helps in segregating the frequencies effectively. Therefore, you can experience the highs, lows, and mids of the sound with a real lifelike feel.
- Curved cabinet: These speakers have an RF molded curved cabinet, which makes the sound quality clearer and more accurate. This curved cabinet design is perfect for eliminating the internal standing waves, which results in exceptional speaker performance.
- Quality crossover: To make sure that the speaker is delivering sound by accurately segregating the frequencies, there is a need for a crossover element. Pioneer SP-FS52 Home Audio Loudspeaker comes with a complex eight-element crossover of higher quality. This makes the frequency transitions smoother and better.
- Taller height: Floor standing speakers are kept on the floor, and with reduced height, these can restrict the sound propagation in and around the room. This floor-standing speaker comes with a taller height that makes the sound come at an ear level.
- High performance: Pioneer SP-FS52 Home Audio Loudspeaker comes with a premium quality designed 1-inch soft-dome tweeter with a custom waveguide. Also, there are structured surface woofers, which makes the sound more real and wider.
- Designed by Andrew Jones
- Structure surface woofers
- Complex eight-element crossover
- Treble is clean and sharp
- Taller height
- The material is not that durable
- One unit is not enough for the entire room
- Only one woofer added
Those who are on the lookout for a legendary sound system at an affordable price and also that looks sleek and stylish, then the Monitor series by Polk is the one to try. These speakers are well built, sturdy, and has high performance when it comes to audio. Pioneer SP-FS52 Home Audio Loudspeakers produce highly effective lower frequencies and high frequencies along with vocals.
- Cascade tapered array technology: The dynamic balance technology and cascade tapered array technology of the speaker make the sound quality more powerful, with deep bass and sharper trebles. The audio encapsulates a 3D surround sound quality in any room of choice. The best thing about the speaker is the tuned port, which enhances the basses.
- Four woofers and one tweeter: The Pioneer SP-FS52 Home Audio Loudspeaker has built-in quality with thoughtful designing. The components of the speaker are placed in a way that will enhance the sound output. There is one 1 inch dome tweeter that produces perfect highs. There are also four of 5.25 inches that deliver perfect basses.
- Great build and design: One of the best things about these speakers is that they are built in a minimalistic yet sophisticated way. They have a complete black vinyl oak finish that makes it look more stylish. Also, the speaker’s footprint is less, but it has a stabilizer foot that will keep the speaker stable on any type of flooring.
- Cascade tapered array technology for powerful sound
- Smaller footprint
- The stable base of the speakers
- The five-way speaker provides a complete surround sound audio
- Magnetically shielded to avoid distortions
- Comparatively expensive
- Heavy speakers
- Additional speakers are required to build a surround sound system
Why buy all those woofers, subwoofers, and speakers to create a home theatre system, when one can get this entire experience in two speakers only? Rockville TM150B Black Home Theater System has two speakers with all the added features to make them work as a surround sound home theatre. It also comes with a wider compatibility and sleek design that will enhance the look of the room.
- Fashionable design: One of the first things that makes these speakers perfect is the fashionable design, which will enhance the rooms’ overall aesthetics. The body is made of MDF wood, has an LCD monitor, and the speakers have rings accent around it. Also, the speakers are not too large and neither too small to be lost in the room.
- Compatibility: Rockville TM150B Black Home Theater Systems is compatible with a large number of inputs. You can easily connect it to any device like TV, audio system, MP3 player, and phone. Also, you can connect the mic to the speakers. The best thing is that it works with Bluetooth, along with SD and FM radio.
- Powerful sound: These two speakers are equivalent to an entire home theatre comprising of several speakers and woofers. There is one tweeter, one 10 inch subwoofer, and three speaker woofers. The Rockville TM150B Black Home Theater System gives 1000 watts peak power with RMS power of 250 watts.
- Durable build and design
- Loud and ambient sound
- Low basses and high trebles come out great
- Has an LCD screen
- Has a with 10 inch subwoofer
- No HDMI support
- Extremely bulky
Accurate and powerful sound is exactly what the Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II Floor-standing Speaker delivers. Polk has been in the audio and speaker business for a long time, and therefore they know exactly how to bring the best speakers to the market. This range of speakers is the perfect example. These speakers are everything that you can expect; affordable, reliable, and durable, with high-quality sound performance.
- High-quality sound: The sound produced by the Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II Floor-standing Speaker is perfect for watching movies or listening to music. It gives distinct highs, lows, and mids in the sound. It comes with one dome tweeter of 1 inch and three 5.25 inch woofers of dynamic balance technology. These speakers also have a flared port, which will make the bass deeper.
- Durable design: The Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II Floor-standing Speaker is built to provide the best sound quality and make the room look great. The speaker is tall enough to cover height that will enhance the sound ambiance. The body has a wood grain make with titanium faces, giving it a very stylish look and feel.
- Better connectivity and features: The Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II Floor-standing Speaker will be a great addition to one’s home theatre. It can be connected to the surround sound system effortlessly. Also, the speaker has the magnetic shielding technology, which helps reducing distortions when kept near the TV.
- Magnetic shielding
- Sound is ambient
- Smaller footprint
- Woofers of bi-laminate type
- Foot stands are not sturdy
- Bass can get distorted
- The power of the speaker is less
This speaker is easily one of the best when you want an audio experience almost the same as the original sound. Extremely low distortion at all frequency levels and heavy power-packed sound describe the Sony SSCS3 3-Way Floor-Standing Speaker. You can make the home theatre come together with this speaker. It has the right set of features like four drivers, taller height, high-resolution sound, and optimized crossover elements.
- Sturdy built: These speakers are built to fit any type of room and become a great addition to the surround sound system. They are designed to enhance the performance and also increase the look of the room. To decrease the distortion of sound and to avoid additional noise, the faceplate edges are tapered. This helps in suppressing the sound diffraction.
- Expansive sound quality: When you sit in one corner of the room, the sound reaching there should be very similar to sitting just near the speakers. Sony SSCS3 3-Way Floor-Standing Speaker is one of the best expansive speakers. This is possible because of the new tweeters of 0.98 inches with wide directionality, which produces music with balance and precision.
- Deep bass: Good speakers should have good bass quality. This is what the Sony SSCS3 3-Way Floor-Standing Speaker is known for. The mica reinforced cellular cone woofers, causes less distortion at lower frequencies. It holds the woofer’s shape even at spiked pressure and also makes the music details more sharp and clear.
- Drivers made of high quality
- Built is sturdy and compact
- Bass quality is good
- Tapered faceplate edges keep the noise low
- Amperage is low
- These speakers are only sold as a single piece
- Subwoofers required
Are you planning to buy a good looking classic home theatre floor standing speaker? Then, it is better to invest in a Polk speaker. These speakers are the best-made sound systems that are designed solely to produce a great and expansive sound that will seem lifelike. Polk Signature Series S60 Floor Standing Speaker is the perfect example of sturdy build and perfect sound components.
- Good looks: Everybody wants a speaker that matches the home theatre and gives a sleek look. Polk Signature Series S60 Floor Standing Speaker is a perfect choice, as it has that dramatic yet trendy look to it. The bold black towering look of speakers is strikingly durable. Also, the edges are rounded to enhance the sound quality immensely.
- High-resolution sound: The sound of the speakers is powerful, yet is not distorted. There is a magnetic grille that comes as an option. It helps reduce the diffraction of sound. Also, quality crossovers make the speakers more powerful in terms of delivering accurate frequencies.
- Acoustic arrays: One of the strongest features of this speaker is the acoustic array. It consists of three woofers of 6.5 inches, each dynamic balanced designed. Also, the tweeter is of terylene, which brings more resolution to the sound. There is also a Polk power port that is responsible for deeper and clean bass.
- Bass is deep loud
- The acoustic array is of higher quality
- Magnetic grille to avoid distortion
- 5-way binding posts that are gold plated
- Power port for better bass delivery
- The speakers are bulky
- Less power in the speakers
The experience of the maker of the speakers tells a lot about the final product. This is what is true for Polk speakers. These speakers are designed by Polk, who has been in the business for a long time and thus has much knowledge of what makes a good speaker. These Polk Signature Series S55 Floor Standing Speakers are the best example of that. Thus, these speakers are the perfect choice when it comes to a home theatre addition.
- Stylish look: One of the best things about Polk signature series speakers is that they are designed for regular use. You can get a sleek design that will simply enhance the look of the room. Standard black makes these speakers look more bold and great. Rounded edges make sure that no sound is distorted and the sound quality is not compromised. Also, the speaker is tall, up to 42 inches, which means it is of a height that will spread throughout the room.
- Powerful sound: One of the biggest reasons Polk is known for its craftsmanship, is that they deliver a system that makes the sound more original and real life like. The Polk Signature Series S55 Floor Standing Speaker is perfect as it makes the sound loud, clear, and sharp. The crossovers and the magnetic grilles are the features that make the sound cleaner at every frequency.
- Dynamically balanced acoustics: Two mica reinforced drivers make the sound balanced and of high resolution. The butyl rubber makes them more effective in higher pressure and thus more durable. The tweeter is made of terylene, which gives sharper and less distorted sound.
- Sleek look
- Powerful bass
- Durable drivers that can work in high pressure
- Compatibility with various home theatre components
- Magnetic grille for reduced surround noise
- Sound is low at times at certain frequencies
- For hitting the lowest bass, subwoofers are required
- Not budget-friendly
Tall and stylish is what the GOgroove Bluetooth Tower Speaker is categorized as. They are perfect for watching movies, listening to music, or playing games. Also, there is no need to worry about wires, as it has wider connectivity ranging from AUX input, Bluetooth, mp3 player, and so on. It comes with a remote, which means you can change the music and change settings without getting up repeatedly. These speakers are also known for their expansive and powerful sound quality.
- Smaller footprint: Floor-standing speakers should be sleek and compact. GOgroove Bluetooth Tower Speaker is exactly that. It hardly takes any floor space and is perfect for smaller rooms and spaces. Also, the height is around 38 inches, which makes it perfect for making sure that the sound is expansive in the room.
- Powerful sound: GOgroove Bluetooth Tower Speaker has an ultimate design and premium quality acoustics that enhance the sound manifold’s quality. It comes with dual drivers with an amperage maximum of up to 120 watts. Also, the speaker has subwoofers installed in it, which enhances the sound’s power without any extra accessory.
- Compatibility: One of the best features of this speaker is the wider compatibility. It can connect to music devices through AUX, Bluetooth, and an mp3 player. Also, there is an option to play FM radio. Also, this speaker has a charging dock that can be used to keep the phone or any other device charged by using the USB 1A port.
- Sleek and stylish looks
- Can be remote controlled
- Wider compatibility
- Devices can be charged using the USB port
- Integrated subwoofer
- Sound is not that loud
- The sound can get distorted at a higher frequency
- The amperage of the speaker is less
These days, floor-standing speakers can be taken as a style statement, as it helps in bringing the entire look of the home theatre to look together. Klipsch Reference R-820F Floor-standing Speaker can be the addition of the living room home sound system. It has sleek looks and a powerful sound quality that makes it stand apart in the crowd. The best thing is that you get all these features at a budget-friendly price.
- Tractrix horn technology: This is one of the many exclusive technologies that Klipsch has. Using this technology, the sound of the speakers is made directional and clean. It makes sure that the sound reaches every corner of the room and does not get distorted due to indirect sound.
- Acoustics: Klipsch Reference R-820F Floor-standing Speaker has one tweeter that is made of linear suspension technology and Kapton (rigid and light material). This makes the tweeter highly effective in the making is delivering detailed sound. Also, the speaker’s woofers have injection-molded graphite cones that make it strong and sturdy at higher pressure frequency.
- Great looks: When it comes to looks, Klipsch Reference R-820F Floor-standing Speaker takes it up a notch. It gives a modern effect to the whole design, due to its tall and wood grain texture. The build is sturdy due to reinforced MDF structuring, and it helps in reducing any vibration at higher volumes. It also has magnetic grills, angled feet for better stability, and a scratch-resistant body.
- Good design and sleek
- Sturdy body and scratch-resistant
- Magnetic grills to reduce distortion
- Tractrix horn technology for directional sound
- Drivers are of high quality
- Bass is not that powerful
- Mounting of the speakers takes time
- The speakers are bit heavy
How to choose the best floor standing speakers?
There are a few things that should be considered before picking a tower speaker, such as:
- Size: Space should be one of the major factors that should be taken into consideration. Some tower speakers are larger than the others. Look around and see how much space you can spare for the speaker. Look for space on the floor and also check the vertical space availability. While getting speakers, look for those which are stable to stand on any type of flooring. Otherwise, you may end up with a wobbly speaker.
- Sensitivity: One of the crucial specifications of speakers is sensitivity. It is a rating of sound systems that shows the speaker’s effectiveness in converting power input into sound. More efficiency, more will the sensitivity. Higher sensitivity means the sound will get louder with higher power input.
- Frequency response: One of the things that should not be avoided in floor standing speakers is the frequency response. This shows how accurately the speakers deliver various frequencies of the sound. One can find two drivers frequency response speaker that is basic. Also, one chooses four-way speakers with four varying frequency drivers. The more the drivers, the more the segregation of the frequency and the sound is clearer and crisper.
- Impedance: This is the measurement of the current resistance that the speaker can manage. The resistance decides how much the load the speaker can take from the amplifier. Both the amplifier and speaker’s impedance should match. Otherwise, it causes a problem with the sound output of the speakers.
- Wire terminals: Tower speakers tend to have either type of wire terminals: spring clip type or building post type. The lower budgeted range of speakers tends to have spring clip types. These are not too sturdy. But, if possible, choose the one with building post terminals. They are more versatile, stronger, and the connections can be tightened when needed.
- Budget: Lastly, you should consider your budget for the speakers. This completely depends on what you are expecting in terms of music. The higher the quality of the music expected, the higher the price will be. Also, take into account that floor standing speakers need to be bought in pairs to get the real surround sound experience.
Listening to music should be an out of the world experience. A proper speaker plays a very big part in this happening. For those looking for best floor standing speakers under 500, that is, not only great in its sound output, but also aesthetics, tower speakers are the best option. Look for the best tower speakers that are perfect in size, sound accuracy, compatibility, have added features, and are perfectly within the budget. There you have the list for the top 10 floor standing speakers.
- Best Wireless Subwoofer for 2021-Top 10 Reviews
- Best Home Theater System for 2021-Buyer’s Guide
- Best gaming Speakers 2021-Buyer’s Guide
- Best PC Speakers 2021-Buyer’s Guide
- Best Speakers For Vinyl 2021-Buyer’s Guide