Best Laptop Cooling Fans 2021
If you are ready to invest in the Best laptop cooling fans for 2021, then you’ve come to the right place. One of the most common problems with laptops and computers is overheating. If you’re a gamer, or a programmer or blogger or anyone who spends a lot of time on their laptops, you’ve probably faced this problem. You can not expect flawless, noiseless cooling from a laptop compact with a powerful multi-core CPU and a good gaming GPU. Laptop makers are continually pushing the limits in terms of making machines thinner but more powerful, keeping gaming portables a top consideration. Huge changes having been made to power up gaming laptops even more.
Why You Should Have A Cooling Pad-
- The ability to pack near-desktop-level equivalent GPUs into a notebook had to come with some disadvantages. Due to the slim designs of laptops, efficient air circulation is not possible and laptops suffer from excessive heat problems.
- Although, manufacturers provide the Built-In cooling fan, due to design, efficient air circulation not happen.
- Cooling pads are an easy and inexpensive way to drop the temperatures that your laptop is hitting when under heavy load. These neat and hassle-free accessories provide extra airflow that will help bring the temperatures down.
- A cooling fan is often placed under a laptop or computer so it controls the functioning temperature making the machine itself more relaxed to use. If your machine is subjected to prolonged exposure to heat, it can be damaged.
- A machine exposed to overheating can essentially break. Overheating could be one of the reasons why your machine suddenly shuts down. Your laptop’s motherboard can also get damaged because of excessive heat.
- The best laptop cooling fans can also provide a convenient place to situate your laptop other than your lap.
- Any additional cooling the cooling fan can deliver will help you in the battle against throttling. The CPU and GPU essentially last longer if they are not being constantly run at an overly hot temperature.
Different Types Of Cooling Pads
Cooling pads provide cooling with upward-facing fans. You can choose any cooling pad that suits you as there are so many options available in the market these days.
There are different types of cooling pads available in the market, from cooling fans designed for large laptops through to highly portable solutions to wallet-friendly pads to even models with nifty integrated accessories like built-in speakers.
The mainly two kinds of cooling pads that you have to choose from are-
Cooling pads with fan
The most common cooling pads in the market are the ones with fans. These types of cooling pads can have single or multiple fans that operate together and generate maximum airflow.
Cooling pads without fan
These types of cooling fans are perfect for machines that don’t suffer from extreme overheat. These are made with heat-resistant materials like aluminum. As they don’t have a fan they operate quietly.
But if you are a heavy user then laptop cooling pads with a fan are recommended.
Best Laptop Cooling Fans 2021
Spending a little more money on some extra cooling might save you a lot of regret by avoiding the danger of your laptop or computer giving up early. The mileage you get from any cooling pad may vary in terms of the cooling vents present on the bottom of your laptop. Their respective position compared to the location of the fans in the pad as well as your exact model of the laptop also affects the mileage. The market is flooding with great cooling pads making it difficult to get the best product for your laptop. To help you choose the best of the bests, we’ve curated a list of the best laptop cooling fans of 2021 and what they have to offer.
Best Laptop Cooling Fans 2021
The Havit HV-F2056 is our top pick of the best laptop cooling fans of 2021. The sleek and slim cooling pad at just 1.2 inches thick prioritizes portability. It offers an ultra-portable way to cool your laptop while on the go. Havit is a popular Hong Kong-based manufacturer and the Havit HV-F2056 is one of the most popular cooling pads in the market right now. Simple but the highly reliable and affordable Havit HV-F2056 has two adjustable height settings so it can be propped up just enough to take some pressure off your back. The three 110mm fans spinning at 1000 RPM do a great job of reducing noise. The metal mesh design is lightweight and stable and it can also flex if it needs to. And the wear-resisting surface won’t show marks even after years of use. It supports laptops from fifteen to seventeen inches and with a Plugging directly into a laptop for power, the Havit can run as long as your laptop has battery life. You can just directly connect the USB cable to the laptop, you won’t be needing any extra software installation for power. The inbuilt blue LED light in the cooling pad also looks neat. Light in weight and easy to carry, Havit HV-F2056 also provides the 1-year warranty.
Generates 65 CFM of airflow
Measures 15 * 1.2 * 11 inches
Fitted with three blades of 110mm
Fan speed is 1100±10% RPM
Minimal noise generation, 26.3 dB (Min.)
Voltage is 5V
Has 02 (USB 2.0) USB ports
Compatibility for 15.6 inch to 17 inch laptops
Comes with 12 months of warranty
Material- HIPS and metal mesh
- Slim, portable, and lightweight
- 3 Ultra-Quiet 110mm Fans
- Two adjustable height settings
- Extra USB Ports
- Ultra-portable & travel friendly
- Up to 1100 RPM speed
- Compatible with 15.6 inches to 17-inch laptops
- 1-year warranty
- Has no On/Off Switch for the dazzling LED lights
KLIM Wind Laptop Cooling Pad is designed for effectiveness. The cooling pad has 4 fans that can cover all the parts of a laptop. And because of its unique design, it can fit laptops as small as 11 inches to ones as large as 19 inches. So, you can use it for an extensive range of laptops in different sizes. Each of the fans can spin rapidly up to a speed of 1400 rpm keeping the temperature of your laptop in check. The cooling pad is well-ventilated and has high-quality material incorporated into the fabrication. The cooling pad is powered via a USB cable and has an additional USB port as well for attaching additional devices for a user’s convenience. The cooling fan makes your overheated laptop drop down to a reasonable temperature increasing the lifespan of your laptop and avoid any slowness. It’s a great laptop cooling fan for gamers, programmers, and average users alike. The KLIM Wind Laptop Cooling Pad offers Ergonomic ventilated support that will help to keep your laptop cool for a longer period. It is not only strong and built-to-last but also super stable to prevent any mishaps.
- Compatible for 11 inches to 19-inch laptops
- Has 4 fans spinning up to 1400 rotations per minute
- Strong and super stable
- Multifunctional with 2 USB ports
- The body of the cooling pad has an attractive red and black combination creating a great atmosphere for gamers.
- It offers a 5-year warranty.
- Very quiet, running at 26db.
- Four large fans for excellent airflow and surface area coverage on the laptop.
- Supports up to 19-inch laptops.
- Great stability, irrespective of the size of the laptop
- High capacity ventilated support
- Clips a little flimsy
- Height adjustment has only two levels, limiting ergonomics.
- Height adjustment is held by pegs which makes it not the best for resting on the lap.
Tree New Bee’s laptop cooling pad is one of the best laptop cooling fans of 2021. Tree New Bee’s high-performance cooling pad is compatible with laptops ranging from 15.6 to 17 inches. It has four 120mm fans that blast air at up to 1200 RPM. You can also adjust the speed of the fans. If you turn the speed down, the blue LED lights to get dimmer and you can also turn two of the fans off if you wish. The principal purpose of the Tree New Bee cooling pad is to help keep laptops cool and prevent crashes from overheating. The 16 x 12 x 1.5-inch metal platform that helps in drawing heat away from the laptop has two built-in anti-skid arms. Its unique aerodynamic design can reduce heat by up to 20 percent compared to a laptop without a cooling pad. It also offers a better ergonomic view and typing angle which can give you a break from back and neck pain. Tree New Bee comes with an extra USB port and wind speed switch design as well. If all you’re looking for is a combination of performance and reasonable price then Tree New Bee’s laptop cooling pad is the best one for you. The only downside that might bother you is that it has only one height setting, and might be a touch steep for some.
- Computer workstations with four fans (110mm) and two anti-skid arms
- The metal platform of the device draws heat away from the laptop
- Docking stations slim, portable and lightweight allowing you to protect your PC wherever you go
- It has a wind speed switch design
- Built-in dual-USB
- Ergonomic comfort: Adjustable height setting, comfortable for a natural point of view
- Has a fan noise level of 25 dB (Min.)
- ABS and Metal Net material
- 12 months warranty
- Good options for adjusting fans
- Nicely priced
- Compatible with laptop sizes from 15.6 to 17 inches
- Built-in dual USB hub
- Built-in cable organizer for easy storage and transport
- Attractive visuals heightened by four indicator lights
- Only one level of height adjustment
- Flimsy laptop toppers
- Poor performance on soft surfaces due to lack of side vents
The TECKNET Laptop Cooling Pad is developed to provide a comfortable work surface for wild gamers and casual users alike. The TECKNET is especially popular among the gaming community. It keeps both you and your laptop cool even when you are using it on your lap. The 110 mm fans might not sound the most impressive but they may just strike the perfect balance. The dual-fan design offers an advanced heat distribution with the ability to efficiently shift air with minimal excess heat and noise. The dual 110-millimeter fans can drop the internal temperatures by an average of 15 degrees and lowering surface temperatures by 7 degrees. The curved design and dual intake vents make it easy to use your laptop on both hard and soft surfaces. You can use the lightweight and ergonomic N5 on a pillow or comforter without stressing about overheating. The USB-powered cooling pad was also formulated with portability in mind. The LED is a simple way to let you know when the cooling has kicked in. It lights up in a beautiful icy blue to let you know when you can start your next gaming session. Being compatible with 16-inch laptops is another reason that makes the TECKNET one of the best laptop cooling fans of 2021. The N5 cooling pad with an ergonomic design is thin and lightweight for easy portability. And as it’s USB-powered, users don’t have to worry about carrying around extra cords or a bulky battery pack. You won’t need any power adapter for this device. It also offers two additional USB ports for you to connect to other devices.
- USB ports for drives
- Rotation speed of 1200 RPM
- Weight – 1.76 pounds
- Air Flow – 38.5CFM
- Noise Level – 50 dB
- Optimal airflow at barely audible levels
- Broad Compatibility
- Metal mesh surface for efficient cooling
- Dual Air Intake
- The rear LED indicator for when the cooler is active
- Thin, Lightweight.
- Convenient power switch
- Rubberized anti-skid surface
- Average Performance for the Money
- No on/off switch for LED lights
- Height is not adjustable
If four fans are not doing it for your laptop, how about five? The TopMate cooling pad is an affordable but performance-focused cooling pad. It is one of the best cooling pads for laptops of 12-15.6 inches. The TopMate laptop cooling pad possesses multiple operation modes and six-speed. The largest of the five fans sit at the center of the pad and the other four at the outer sides. It’s perfect to keep even the most solicited system within optimal parameters. This cooling pad not only looks good but also highly functional with a few fun tricks up its sleeve that put it a notch above the other cooling pads. The indents on the front prevent the laptop from slipping by gripping its feet and it also gives it that particular “gaming” look. TopMate’s cooling pad is much more adjustable than many other expensive cooling pads. It supports four different angles in total while most cooling pads can simply be propped up to a single angle. Furthermore, the cooling pad also has a little control panel with a blue LCD on the front. You can adjust the fan speed and switch between different modes, as well as power the cooling pad on or off with that control panel. The plastic and metal mesh keep the cooling pad sturdy and resistant. Keeping the price point in mind, this TopMate product is the best one for anyone from hardcore gamers to professionals and heavy users.
- Portable cooling pad creates a continues and evenly dispersed airflow
- LCD showing various statuses
- Three operation modes and six-speed modes
- Height adjustable angles to four different positions
- A flat option for storage and transport
- Hinged flap prevents the laptop from sliding down
- Good build quality and performanceBuilt-in dual USB port
- Adjustable height
- Intuitive control panel with LCD
- Whisper quiet fans hued by blue LED lights
- Good value for money
- Laptops larger than 15.6 inches don’t fit as well
- Speeds are controlled from the power switch, which can be a bit of stress.
If you are a gamer, you would know that gaming laptops can churn out a lot of heat. HAVIT 5 is more than capable of handling long-term gaming sessions. It has five rotary fans providing a total of 65 CFM airflow without making a sound. The biggest fan is around 110mm in size and the rest of the four fans are around 85mm in size. These fans have attractive LED lights that not only counteract the heat with powerful airflow but also a way to keep track of the speed of the fans. The product is not only visually appealing but also has a solid and sturdy feel. The cooling pad is durable and is not vulnerable to any sort of physical damage. The ergonomic design lets you adjust it according to your preferences if you feel any sort of discomfort. The high-quality metal mesh of the pad was designed to draw heat away from the laptop. The device also features a non-slip baffle to prevent your device from slipping and is wide enough to accommodate laptops from 14 to 17 inches. It also possesses two adjustable legs that prop your laptop up at a small incline on the backside, offering a more comfortable typing experience. It includes two USB ports to connect accessories, like a mouse and keyboard. But these inputs cannot support hard disks or other high-powered devices. You can adjust the speed of the fans with a small wheel on the side of the cooling pad. And even at the highest setting, they remain completely quiet.
- Material- ABS, HIPS & metal mesh
- Five cooling fans provide a total of 65 CFM of airflow to draw heat away from your laptop.
- Non-slip baffle preventing the laptop from slipping off.
- Ergonomic design and adjustable height setting
- USB Port- 2
- 5 Fans (1 x big fan: 110mm, 4 x small fans: 85mm)
- Offers more USB connections
- Adjustable fan speed (Upto 500 RPM )
- Provides ergonomic comfort & adjustable height
- Red LED light
- Quiet Working Fans and reliable
- Build with high-quality metal mesh helps to draw the heat away from the laptop
- 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Complaints of failing after a few months of use.
- Only for 14″-17″ Laptop
- No On/Off Switch for LED lights
If you don’t care about laptop height or the angle at all or you already have a laptop stand and just want something that will solve the overheating problem of your laptop, then the Opolar LC05 fan is a perfect choice for you. It’s a fan attachment that you plug into the side of your laptop. It still consumes heat and has a handy little temperature indicator as an optional add-on to keep an eye on just how hot things are. It’s particularly designed for laptops with air vents on the sides or back. It’s perfect larger gaming laptops. But it’s not recommended for super-compact laptops like MacBooks. It is the ideal choice for those who have gaming laptops, heavy systems that put a significant amount of pressure on the CPU, and laptops that are more than 0.4 inches in thickness. The design is minimalistic and stylish making it convenient for the user. It comes with clamps that securely hold on to your laptop so that there is no risk of it falling off and getting damaged and they also let you move the laptop around. You can move your laptop from its original position as you wish without stressing about reconnecting your device to your laptop. It has a LED screen allowing you to monitor the temperature of the air being emitted from your laptops air vents. The fan has thirteen different speeds. Users can modify the airflow and noise level based as they wish. Both of the times, auto mode or max, the cooler operates quietly producing a noise, less than 70dbm. If you want an external fan for your overheating laptop, the OPOLAR Laptop Fan Cooler is one of the best in the market.
- Auto-Temp Detection
- Rapid Cooling
- 13 different fan speeds and two-way installation
- LED temp-display
- Clamps that securely hold on to your laptop
- Innovative & Travel friendly
- LED display for temperature
- 13 adjustable fan speeds with automatic speed control
- Extremely Silent.
- 1 Year Warranty
- Only work with laptops with air vents on both sides or rear
- Not for Macbook (or notebooks thinner than 0.4 inches)
The Aichenson Laptop Cooling Pad is a go-to option for many users. One of the best laptop cooling pads of 2021, the Aichenson Laptop Cooling Pad not only cools down your laptop but also features an adjustable pad that allows you to position it the most comfortable way. So, you can take care of your back and neck, especially if you usually on your laptop for a long time. The Aichenson has the most adjustable cooling pad in the market. This cooling will also prevent your laptop from slipping off. The cooling pad is constructed with an anti-silicon grip which will prevent your laptop from sliding down from smooth surfaces. This anti-silicon grip located at the bottom of the pad is made rubber, so it also helps to protect the bottom of the pad from scratches. Furthermore, the cooling pad has an iron hook and it can hold weight up to 100 pounds. The biggest plus point with this cooling pad is that it is designed with a diamond metal mesh net which makes it compatible with any laptop irrespective of the size or weight. Due to the lightweight and portable design and the non-slip mat that keeps it very stable, the cooling pad can always be used anywhere and time. The high-quality fans enhance the cooling process so you don’t have stress about your laptop’s heating problem. And as gaming laptops heat up pretty fast, they need a particularly strong pad to keep them cool during play.
- Fitted with four blades
- High adjustability
- Rotates at a maximum speed of 1500RPM
- Suitable for all laptops
- Noise Level – 48 dB
- USB powered & On/Off switch
- Portable ultra-slim construction
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- 24-hour customer service
- Short USB cord
- No laptop stoppers
Pccooler Laptop Cooling Pad is one of the products which offer premium materials. The pad has five cooling fans and suits laptops between 12 and 17.3”. The stainless steel mesh top is quick to cool and prevents your device from overheating. The 5 fans who power the laptop cooling process are small compared to what the most powerful options offer, but they work very well together. The largest of the fan is 110mm and sits at the center of the device and the smaller ones 85mm. These fans work fast at 1.400RPM and it definitely won’t make gamers feel they are missing out on performance. Another plus point is that the smaller profile of the fans means the laptop cooling pad is low noise. At 23Db, it is among the best products for noise control. The device also features 10 red LED lights which not only look cools but also improve the visibility of the fans. You can choose the height and speed suitable for your needs. And in the end, the laptop cooling pad can come with a custom performance. The Pccooler Laptop Cooling Pad is perfect if you want to increase the longevity of your laptop.
- Honeycomb Mesh Design/Rapid Cooling
- Ultra-narrow Bezel Design
- Magic Color
- Dual USB Interface/Stepless Speed Regulation
- Ergonomic Design
- Five ultra-quiet fans
- Fan speed adjustment
- 6 different angles of adjustable height
- An excellent model that can hold any laptop between 12” and 17.3”
- Made with stainless steel mesh
- Suits laptops with sizes from 12” to 17.3”
- Made with a 5mm iron bracket
- 10 included LED lights
- Front bumper can’t prevent laptops from slipping
The last one on our list on best laptop cooling fans of 2021 is the Carantee Laptop Cooling Pad with five quite fans. This laptop cooler has 1 large fan at the center of the device and 4 smaller fans. You can adjust the fans as per your need. The 5 noise-free fans can work together at the same time, or you can also make the top three fans and the under two fans run separately. This makes cooling performance under different working situations far easier. This device also features a 7-level adjustable stand. This means the adjustable mount standards can provide 7 different angles, so, you can enjoy the best typing and viewing experience when you watch movies, play games, and do jobs without your neck screaming. Each of the fans is equipped with blue LED lights which not only look cool but also show you which fan is working. There are two USB ports so you can extend more other devices while the pad is working. Furthermore, the device has four non-slip mats on each corner and removable baffles. This will prevent your laptop from falling down on the sloping surface. You can also take off the baffle from the back bottom if you wish. One of the big plus points of this cooling pad is that, it’s suitable for most size of laptops, from 12″-17″. There is also a hidden USB cable winder where you could store the USB cable and never lose it again.
- Five cooling fans
- 7-level adjustable stand
- 2-USB ports and LED lights
- Removable baffle and non-slip matt
- Hidden USB cable winder
- It can be used with most sizes of laptops.
- The removable mat prevents it from falling.
- Separate switch speed ensures better fan control.
- The mount stands are adjustable to suit the height you want.
- Lights be a bit distracting if you are working in a dark place.
Now, as we’ve informed you about the best laptop cooling fans of 2021, let’s talk about some things you should know before buying a laptop cooling pad.
There are a few reasons that can cause your laptop to overheat apart from elongated use. Dust is one of the main issues. It densely clogs the ventilation system very fast so the air doesn’t circulate properly inside the laptop resulting in overheating and also warms up the CPU and graphics card. The second reason that causes overheating is the old thermal compound. You can solve this problem by consulting a pro. The third reason that may cause your laptop to heat up is weak laptop cooling cooling fans. Even if you have a cool gaming laptop, the laptop fan could be small and low-power. Because laptops are thin there is absolutely no space left inside the laptop for a proper cooler.
Now if you are ready to invest in a laptop cooling fan, you should know how to choose the best laptop cooling pad. There are some things that you must consider before buying a laptop cooling fan.
First, you should know which type of cooling fan you need. There are two types, passive and active cooling. If your laptop doesn’t get heated much and you only need a stand then a stand with holes where the ventilation and cooling occur naturally will do the trick. But if you’re a gamer or doing high-performance video editing and your device has a serious overheating problem then you’ll need a cooling stand.
Naturally, cooling power is typically related to the number of fans the cooling pad has. But in this case, more can be worse. It’s better to pick a model with one big fan rather than a few small ones.
You won’t want to stuff your ears while playing games or programming so, do check the noise level before buying. Many have solved the, more powerful your fan is, the noisier it is, problem.
Size is one of the simplest yet primary things to consider. The size of the stand should match the size of the laptop, you can go for a bigger one but not smaller. If the cooling pad doesn’t fit your device, it would be incapable of cooling down your laptop. Don’t forget to check the cooling pad dimensions to ensure it’s suitable for your laptop.
The weight of the cooling pad is also crucial. There are three types of cooling systems: stands, bed trays, and floor systems. In the first case, the weight should be minimal, and in other cases. In the other two cases, the cooling pad should be perfect in terms of stability and lightness ratio. Some cooling pads have additional features like card reader, USB hub, speakers, illumination others that makes it more fun.
Last but not least, check for a cooling pad that offers different viewing angles. The ergonomic design will save a lot of back and neck pain.
Now if we had to recommend one then we’ll tell you to go for the Havit HV-F2056. It’s elegant, affordable, and ticks all the right boxes. And if you feel like three fans won’t do it for you then, we would recommend the TopMate C5.