Best Mountain Bike For Girls
Want to find the best mountain bike for girls? Here is a complete guide for you.
Exploring the wilderness of nature through a forest trail or some other natural track feels very refreshing, calms the mind, and is fun activity to do with kids. It is a good way to exercise while having fun. For such adventures, mountain bikes are the best choice. The MTB is rugged and has features that will protect your kids in such uneven trails.
What is a girl’s mountain bike?
Usually, there is not much difference between a men’s and a women’s bike. Many companies think that there is not much geometrical difference when it comes to girl’s bikes that set them apart from men’s bikes. But then again, certain brands want to make the riding experience more comfortable for the girls, making the bike a bit smaller in size. They also make the handlebar narrower, wider saddles, and the cranks shorter.
Difference between boy’s and girl’s MTB
A major difference that is visible between a boy’s and a girl’s bike is the fit. Based on a lot of data, it is seen that, in general, most girls are shorter than boys. Keeping this in mind, the brands mostly make the stack heights shorter in girl MTB. Also, due to the shorter torso, the handlebars’ reach length is kept shorter than boys’ or unisex bikes.
But instead of checking the size and lengths, it is best to check the fit of a cycle by trying them out. This way, you will be able the find the perfect bike that is comfortable to ride.
MTBs have many types based on the trail ridden. So, you get a wide range of varieties to choose from according to the terrains and trails. Among the list, the widely bought are the trail, all-mountain, and cross-country bikes. But you should consider another type while making the buying decision, whether you want full suspension or hardtail.
Full suspension VS hardtail
Full-suspension- full-suspension bikes have a rear suspension shock and a front suspension fork. These Mountain Bikes are best for rough and steep terrain. It can have proper control over the movement in such technical terrains. They are most expensive when compared to hardtail bikes. Most of the time, the user needs to tweak the suspension, depending on the trail or terrain they want to ride.
Hardtail- it is the most traditional MTB type with double diamond designs. These bikes are only equipped with front fork suspension. This bike type is fit for cross-country riding, climbing, and bridleways. These bikes can be ridden on most of the trails.
Most of the girl’s MTB have the following girl-specific features:
- Size – the size is a bit smaller compared to the other unisex bikes.
- Saddle- the saddle in a girl’s MTB is usually wider and shorter because girls have wider hips. This makes long rides more comfortable.
- Suspension- the girl-specific MTB has suspension tuning. So that they can tune the suspension based on their weight to height ratio.
- Wheel size- mountain bikes for kids come in many wheel sizes. Now, since the bike size is small for girls’ MTB, the wheels (26” or 27.5”) should be able to keep the bike’s geometry balanced.
- Other features- on average, most girls have smaller hands so, the grips are smaller. Due to narrow shoulders, the handlebars are also narrow, and the reach to brakes is adjustable.
Here are the ten best mountain bikes for girls.
- 1. Easy to put together. 95% of the bike is assembled. Save your headache to install the front wheel and brake compared with 85% bikes. Assembly tools and an easy to follow instructions are included.
- 2. Safer riding! Safe grips and handbrake, Front caliper brake and rear coaster brake offer double safer, Wide 2.4” pneumatic tires add more stability, Sturdy steel frame,Crank, Non-slip resin pedal,Chainguard.
- 3. Easier to Ride! Your little ones will enjoy a smoother ride with Royalbaby sealed bearing since 2019, Royalbaby exclusive brake lever allows little riders brake efficiently.
- 4. Amazing design and color! Bright colors, stylish and charming. Bike bell and DIY decal add extra fun to the ride. Soft seat comes with a handle, which makes the bike easier to grab during teaching or loading.
- 5. More size options! 12,14,16,18,20 Inch available. Use our easy-to-follow size chart, you’ll find a perfect size for your little beloved. Note: Please take the kids height into consideration.
Cycling is a good sport for kids. It keeps them fit, and they can also enjoy the outside instead of staying inside and playing games. Since you, as a parent, need to make the buying decision, you can end the search at RoyalBaby Kids Bike Boys Girls Freestyle Bicycle.
- Ergonomic saddle- the seat is very soft, and the design makes sure that the kids can ride the bike for as long as they want comfortably. It even has a handle, which allows the parents to hold it back. And, also the height is adjustable.
- Brakes- the bike offers a double brake system for double safety. It has a rear coaster brake and a front caliper brake. Along with these, the grip length is short so that the kids can exert proper strength when using the brake lever.
- Size- the manufacturer provides plenty of sizes. Thus, the parents can follow a size chart to find the perfect bike for their kid.
- Body- the body of the bike is very sturdy, with resin pedals for better grip. The pneumatic tires are 2.4 inches wide and ensure a smooth ride.
- Comes with a water bottle.
- 95 percent assembled.
- The instructions are well defined.
- The bike is a bit heavy.
- The quality of the pedal is not good.
- This Schwinn Elm girl's bike with 20-inch wheels is designed for children 6 years old and up, or 48 - 60 inches tall. The Elm is perfect for riding to the park or riding on the sidewalk around the neighborhood
- With Schwinn's SmartStart Technology, this bike is designed just for kids: lighter frame, cranks and pedals are positioned forward, gearing designed for easier starting, narrower pedal positions, and smaller grips and seat
- Designed with younger riders in mind, this bike includes a rear coaster brake (reverse the pedals to stop) and a front caliper brake (hand-brake like adult bikes); easing the transition to a hand-brake-only bike when they’re ready
- The adjustable saddle, seat post, and slack seat-tube angle make for easy, tool-free adjustments to allow the Schwinn Elm girl's bike to grow with your child and prepare them for a full-sized bicycle
- Kid-Specific Q-Factor technology includes narrower pedal positions that match the width of a child's hips, allowing for easier peddling and handling
When kids are in question, parents take extra care in buying their stuff. So, it is common that they will do so with bikes too. That is why Schwinn puts efforts into making the best mountain bike for girls.
- Specific design- the riders of this bike are younger girls, so the frame is lighter, the pedals and cranks are forward, the grip length is shorter, and the seat is smaller.
- Wheel Size- the 20-inch wheel size is perfect for a girl of 48 to 60 inches in height. They can ride it around the neighborhood and have complete control over it.
- Seat and pedal- the saddle is adjustable and that too tool-free. Thus, your child can keep riding the bike as they keep growing. The pedals are also narrower to match the hip’s width and make it easier to handle the bike and pedal.
- Brake system- the bike model has both a hand brake and a reverse-pedal brake. The front caliper and rear coaster brake ensure swift braking technology.
- Easy to assemble with detailed instructions.
- Double braking system.
- The chain comes loose easily.
- With a gloss pink hardtail frame and 6 speeds to aggressively ride, the Huffy Stone Mountain is ready for epic, outdoor fun; just follow the steps in our product manual
- An Amazon exclusive: Ideal for ages 5-9 and a rider height of 44-56 inches; durable steel frame is backed by our limited lifetime warranty (see owner's manual for details); Kolo 1200 suspension fork handles bumps and dips for a smoother-feeling ride
- The indexed Shimano TZ-31 rear derailleur combines with the micro-shift twist shifter to deliver 6 speeds on-demand for uphill climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration; removable rear derailleur guard ensures consistent gear operation
- 20" x 1.95" ATB tires handle pavement, gravel and dirt with ease; linear pull hand brakes deliver consistent stopping action; padded ATB saddle is stitched for lasting quality; alloy quick release provides easy seat height adjustments
- Slight-rise handlebar enables upright riding to minimize back and shoulder strain; ATB-type resin pedals on the 3-piece Kolo crank have responsive feel; Kraton grips remain comfortable to the touch; alloy wheels in matte black; kickstand included
If you want to enjoy some natural trails, it is best to get a mountain bike. Huffy Kids Hardtail Mountain Bike is the best mountain bike for girls and is very good with all the necessary features.
- Six speeds- the bike has 6 Speeds, and for swift changing, it has a micro shift twist shifter and Shimano TZ-31 rear derailleur. This allows the rider to change the speed when climbing uphill trails, riding downhill, or normal acceleration.
- Handlebar- The handlebar of this bike is slightly raised so that while riding the bike, the kids do not feel any kind of strain on their shoulder and back.
- Saddle- the Huffy Kids Hardtail MTB has a properly padded seat that has to stitch along the sides to increase its longevity. Also, the seat is adjustable so to provide the proper height for the girls.
- Wheel and brake- the wheels are of All-Terrain Bike Quality. Its measurement is 20 inches X 1.95 inches. The tire is perfect for rough and paved trails. This, combined with the linear-pull hand brake, makes the riding experience safe.
- The suspension fork smoothens bumpy rides.
- The kickstand is available with the bike.
- The seat is a bit hard and uncomfortable.
- COEWSKE sporty bike is focus on designing unique style bicycles for boys and girls around the world.
- The Front & rear hand V-Brake plus coaster/foot brake provides ample stopping power and is easy and intuitive to use.
- 2.125 inch wide knobby air-filled tires make for a super smooth ride. Its tires are made of durable rubber with extra thickness and width to prevent from dangerous bursting.
- Wider footrest design lets kids save effort while on a bike ride to enjoy more wonderful time.The fully enclosed chain guard keeps fingers safe and flanged grips help prevent hands from sliding off the bars.
- 95%SKD Easy to Install.leaving only the need to install the training wheels, pedals, handlebar and saddle. All assembly tools are included.
Looking for a quality bike for your little ones? The search can end with buying the COEWSKE Kid’s Bike Steel Frame Children Bicycle. It has all the good features that will ensure that your kid has an enjoyable riding experience.
- Brake system- COEWSKE takes complete care to provide the best brake system. The bike has a foot brake as well as front and rear front brake. This makes braking very easy to use and efficient.
- Wheels- the tires are air-filled and knobby. They are 2.125” wide and are made of durable rubber. Special attention is given to the thickness and width of the tire to keep it from bursting.
- Better safety- the bicycle has chain guards and flanged grips for safety purposes. Better grip enables the rider to have proper control over the bike.
- Design- the design of the bike is very unique. COEWSKE Kid’s Bike range makes sure that some bike style suits every child out there. The steel frame is sturdy and durable.
- The footrest design is wider.
- Easy to assemble and comes with proper tools.
- Carrier and basket included.
- Problem with attaching and angling the training wheels
- Huffy's Go Girl is ideal for ages 5-9 and a rider height of 44-56 inches; an inspirational script "Believe in Yourself" decorates the seat and defines this bike's free-spirited attitude
- The single-speed Go Girl shows off a liquid pink frame with hot pink wheels and handlebar; shimmery multicolor streamers are a gorgeous addition; an alloy quick release for easy seat adjustment with an adjustable handlebar ensure the right fit
- Complemented by the translucent pink chain guard, the durable steel frame is backed by our limited lifetime warranty; front hand brake and rear coaster brake combination is ideal for learning hand brakes; kickstand included
- She'll just love zooming around the neighborhood; the decorated handlebar pad, comfortable Huffy-branded grips, classic white-walled tires, and vibrant hot pink wheels further enhance the charm of this beautiful bike
- This Quick Assembly bike requires fewer steps to get riding - enjoy simple screw-on pedals, a pre-installed front wheel, and an easy align headtube
Huffy Kids Bike Go Girl &Ignyte 20 inch is a good-looking cycle which the kids will love to own. It is one of the best mountain bikes for girls, as it has all the specs and measures that ensure having fun and being safe.
- Stylish design- the cycle comes in multiple colors and has very unique details. The handlebars are decorated that stand out in a crowd.
- Perfect for- the bike’s sizing is ideal for 5 to 9 years old or for the kids of height 44” to 56”. The size of the frame is 20 inches. And for better fit, the seat and the handlebar can be adjusted.
- Brakes- the bike model has two brake systems for safety purposes. There is the rear coaster and the front hand brakes.
- Other features- the handlebar has proper grips and a comfortable saddle. The tires are white-walled that brings a new charm to the bike.
- A kickstand is included.
- Has a translucent chain guard.
- Easy to assemble.
- The pedals do not sit tightly.
- Royalbaby Stargirl newly developed bikes for girls, factory direct sales with Most favorable price for Xmas only!. The most famous and best selling kid bike brand in China
- Royalbaby patented components with outstanding designs and quality.
- Unique strong individual mail carton packaging, easy to carry about and safe delivery.
- Sturdy durable bike compliant with CPSC, EN14765 standards
- 12 Inch and 16 Inch available on Amazon for different age kids.
These days kids like staying in playing video games but it is not good for their health and eyesight. So, maybe if they own a nice bike, they might want to come out and play under the sun. And parents can do this by gifting their kids a RoyalBaby Girls Kids Bike Stargirl.
- Full safety – the bike has a dual braking system allowing the kids to stop the bike by hand brake and by backward pedaling. It also has a chain guard to protect the ankles and feet.
- Accessibility – the grip lengths have been shortened so the young riders can easily exert force to operate the brake lever. The training wheels are at the proper angle for better safety.
- Fit and sizing – the bike is available in the following sizes, 12”, 14”, 16”, and 18”. Also, the seat and handlebars are adjustable. So, you can adjust until the kid finds it comfortable to ride.
- Other features – the tires are pneumatic and around 2.125 inches wide. The resin pedals have anti-slipping properties. And the saddle is soft and has a handle at the back that a parent can hold on to during training days.
- Comes with a basket and bell.
- Comes 95% assembled.
- Assemble tools included.
- The seat is too small.
- Royalbaby newly developed Jenny Princess - The best choice for classy and fabulous girls., factory direct sales with Most favorable price! The most famous and best selling kid bike brand in China.
- Royalbaby patented components with outstanding designs and quality.
- Unique strong individual mail carton packaging, easy to carry about and safe delivery.
- Sturdy durable bike compliant with CPSC, EN14765 standards.
- Rich sizes from 12inch to 18inch available on Amazon for different age kids.
RoyalBaby has been making kid’s bike for quite some time now, thus earning the title of being a trusted brand. The bikes by RoyalBaby are safe and easily become very dear to kids because of their charming design.
- Adjustable features- both the saddle and the handlebar are adjustable. This is to make sure that every kid can easily fit into the bike and ride it comfortably.
- Safety- the bike’s braking system is very effective. It has two brakes, a rear coaster, and a front caliper. Double brakes mean double safety.
- Attractive features- the bike is adorned with a woven basket, stylish handlebars, and a bell. The colors are also very pretty, and the kids will love to ride it around the neighborhood.
- Other specs- the 2.125 inches wide pneumatic tires provide smoothness and stability. The steel frame is sturdy yet easy to maneuver by the little ones.
- Increased safety by adding a chain guard.
- Available in multiple sizes.
- Handle at the back of the saddle.
- Difficult to pedal the bike.
Looking for a bike on which your kids can learn cycling and prepare them to ride the adult bikes? RoyalBaby Boys Girls Kids Bike Honey Buttons can just be the answer to the search.
- Design- the design of the bike is very fashionable with attractive colors. The structure of the frame is sturdy, and the tubes are square-shaped. The design is fit for both boys and girls.
- Safety attributes- RoyalBaby pays special attention to the safety features of their kid’s bike. There is a chain guard, safety grips on handles, pedals are anti-slip, and the tires are stable and durable.
- Braking system- the bike has both front and back braking mechanisms. This way, they are always able to safely stop the bike where required.
- Other features- it also has an adjustable handlebar and saddle, and the bike comes in different sizes. These two ensure that the bike properly fits the young rider before they go on their adventure.
- Comes with training wheels and a kickstand.
- Shortened grip length.
- Sealed bearing for smooth rides.
- A bit heavy-weighted.
- The rear wheel is not properly aligned.
- Aluminum full suspension mountain frame maximizes comfort and performance
- Suspension fork smooths out bumps and increases control
- SRAM twisth shifters change gears easily. 21 speeds with Shimano rear derailleur is great for all types of riding
- Linear pull brakes deliver great braking power
- 3 piece crank provide sure shifts. Alloy rims offer lightweight durability
Riding through natural trails feels very refreshing and nice. And to do so, you need to have a mountain bike. And if you are looking for one, Mongoose Maxim Girls Mountain Bike is the best mountain bike for girls to start.
- Frame- the frame is made of aluminum. It is sturdy and increases the durability of the bike. A young rider will feel comfortable riding this MTB.
- Gear- there is a total of 21 speeds in this bike that can properly control the bike during rough terrain.
- Suspension- the bike has fork suspension that makes the ride smooth, especially when trails have rocks and gravel. Smooth rides allow you to ride for a longer period.
- Gear shifters- to swiftly change gears, the bike has SRAM twist shifters and Shimano rear derailleur. The swiftness in changing gears is necessary when riding through natural trails.
- Other features- for proper fit, the bike model also allow you to adjust the seat height.
- Easy to assemble.
- Tuning is easy to do.
- Gear shifting is very smooth.
- Need some adjustments and tweaks.
As your girls grow older, learning mountain biking can become their next best hobby. And to support this, a nice mountain bike can be perfect. The Diamondback Bicycles Tess 24 Youth Girls Mountain Bike is the best mountain bike for girls who love sports.
- Sizing- this bike is fit for girls of age 8 to 12 years or of height 53 inches to 62 inches. The bike is made of aluminum so that it can withstand the harsh trails of terrains.
- Speeds- Tess 24 has 21 speeds so that the young ones can easily zoom through rough and rocky trails. The speeds allow you to maneuver the uphill and downhill trails.
- Brakes- to ensure better safety, this bike has adjustable brake lever reach. With this, the rider can reach the linear-pull brakes easily and always have control over the bike.
- Sock-ups- for smooth rides, the bike has HL Zoom 40mm travel sock-ups. It can help in handling rocky trials and in keeping the bike stable.
- Easy to control and maneuver.
- Good quality for the price.
- Not the best assembly instructions.
- Requires adjustments and tuning.
Do you need a girl-specific MTB?
Every girl has different body proportions. Some may like the girl MTBs but, it is not necessary to use it. You can choose other unisex and men MTBs. All three varieties have different sizing and specs. So, the best option is to try it out and choose the one that fits you the most. There are differences between girls’ and boys’ MTB, so knowing the differences beforehand is good as it will help make the buying decisions.
Buying guide for a girls’ MTB
A few more things that you should consider before buying the best mountain bike for girls are:
- Size and fit: The most important thing that you need to take care of is the fit of the bike. It should be not too big or small on your torso-to-legs proportion. If the bike is big, then you will find it difficult to maneuver and control it in rough terrains. And small bikes will be difficult to ride as your legs will not fit properly. Thus, the first and foremost thing to check is the fit and size. If you want, you can go for men’s bikes if it feels more comfortable to ride.
- Suspension: The bikes have two types of suspension, full suspension and hardtail. When you are buying a suspension bike, you should check the suspension tuning to make sure it fits your weight and body ratio. Most of the girl-specific MTB models come with custom suspension tuning, so make adjustments as you need.
- Tuning: Make sure that unless you know how to do tuning and altercations, do not try it. It is best to get it done from a cycle shop. So, when making the final buying decision, get all the changes done before taking it home. If you are purchasing it from a shop, they will do it for you even without any requests. For the best experience, the adjustments should be proper so that you can ride it safely through technical terrains and trails.
- Online or Shop: When it comes to buying bikes, it is best to buy them from a local bike shop. That way, you will be able to test drive it and check all the specs you want that fits your requirements. The size and fit can be properly tested and if you are not satisfied then visit another shop.
- Contact Point: There are two main contact points in a bike, the handlebar and the saddle. Both have a girl-specific design that sets them apart from the unisex bike.
- Handler– most girl bikes have handlebar of measurement 700mm, 640mm, or wider. Many girls prefer narrower handlebars, but if you want, you can buy the wider handlebars because it gives more grip and control. The height and age impact the choice.
- Saddle: – girls MTBs have wider and shorter saddles. Before making the buying decision, check the unisex bikes to make sure you are buying the more comfortable one.
- Break levers :many times, the brake levers and gear shifters can be adjusted to bring them closer to handlebars to make them more reachable.