Best Rowing Machine For Apartment 2021
Choosing the best rowing machine for apartment 2021 among the options available should be done based on the features, make, model, and sturdiness of the built.
Keeping yourself fit should be one of the significant objectives in these times. When the world is shut down, and gyms are inoperative, choosing the right home exercise is a must. The rowing machine is one of the best ways to keep the muscles toned. It is one of the best cardio machines that can instantly burn calories and help keep weight under control.
Currently, many gym trainers are advising on using rowing machines. The reason being, it has many benefits that are good for strengthening the core and for muscles. The benefits based on which it has gained popularity are as follows:
- Low- Impact: Using a rowing machine may look strenuous, but it puts less stress on muscles and joints. Thus, it is good for rehabilitation purposes, such as recovery from a marathon or any injury. Setting your speed and movement helps in reducing any unwanted pressure on joints.
- Full body workout: You may think that rowing machines are best for getting those ripped arms, but it is a full-body workout in reality. It works both upper and lower body. And the results can be seen in the upper back, abs, arms, pecs, and obliques. Aside from these, it also strengthens the glutes, calves, and quads.
- Cardio workout: Apart from strengthening various parts of the body, another benefit of the rowing machine is that it is also good for cardio training. And a good cardio workout helps with blood pumping in the body and reduces any heart-related problems in the future.
- Every day is leg day:Rowing machines make the typical leg day easy as with one round; it works both the arm and leg muscles. Thus, you would not have to worry about maintaining schedules for leg days anymore. Working-out with these machines tones your entire body with every swift move.
- Good for everyone: The rowing machines are perfect for beginners as you can set the pace and movement according to your fitness level. Also, this machine is safe for visually impaired or blind people. It is seen that visually impaired people who added this machine in their exercise routine were able to reduce their fat and increase their strength and flexibility.
- Refereshing: Working out on rowing machines can be relaxing. The repetitive steps, catch, drive, finish, and recovery, make your mind peaceful. It boosts the release of endorphins in the body, and the endorphins elevate the mood and reduce stress.
- 20 minutes is enough: Usually, workout sessions in gyms are very long, and people need to take time for it. But rowing machines work out your entire body altogether and just a 20-minute session per day is sufficient to get out of a sedentary lifestyle. Thus, these rowing machines save a lot of time and effort.
- Save money: A good quality rowing machine easily falls into your budget and way less than all those monthly yoga classes and gym memberships. Have your machine and workout on it whenever you want in the comfort of your living room.
Calories burnt from including rowing machines in the daily exercise routine.
From a 30 minute workout on a rowing machine, a person of around 57 kg (125 pounds) can burn up to 255 calories. A 70 kg (155 pound) person can burn around 316 calories, and a person of 84 kg (185 pounds) can burn 377 calories.
The calorie burnt count is very close to calories burnt through a 30-minute workout on an elliptical trainer. So, if a balanced diet with regular vigorous exercise sessions on a rowing machine is added to your lifestyle, you can easily stay fit and active.
Best Rowing Machine For Apartment 2021
Here are the ten best rowing machines for apartment 2021 that one can choose for their apartment and home exercising routine.
Those looking forward to completing some challenging workout regimen should pick Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine Rower. This is a magnetic rower with eight magnetic resistance levels, ergonomic design, and foldable features for easy indoor use.
- Magnetic resistance: the Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine Rower has eight levels of magnetic resistance. This helps make the rowing easier to difficult based on the fitness and challenge level one wants to achieve.
- Folding machine: the entire rower machine is easy to store in the apartment. There are also transportation wheels on the rower for carrying the machine anywhere one wants.
- LCD Monitor: the LCD digital monitor on the rower machine allows one to track their fitness levels. It displays the time spent, calories burnt, and the total count of cycles one has completed.
- Ergonomic built: The machine’s design is ergonomic and user-friendly for various types of people and fitness levels. The pedals are anti-slip, the handlebars are textured, and the slide rail is 48 inches long and made of steel.
- Foldable design for easy storing.
- 8 level magnetic resistance.
- Textured handlebars.
- Pedals are pivoting and anti-slip.
- The highest magnetic resistance is not that difficult.
- Warranty needs to be bought separately.
- The handle is low for taller people.
SF-RW1205 Rowing Machine Rower is one of the best rowing machines for apartment 2021 that helps reach one’s fitness from home. This home rowing machine is one step ahead of the brand’s eight levels magnetic resistance rowing machine. This one has 12 level resistances, which makes working out more challenging and fun.
- Magnetic resistance: SF-RW1205 Rowing Machine Rower has 12 magnetic resistance levels, which gradually increases the level of difficulty while rowing.
- Smaller footprint: The SF-RW1205 Rowing Machine Rower footprint is small and thus is perfect for homes and apartments. They are easy to store and easy to move around.
- Ergonomic design: the ergonomic design of the SF-RW1205 Rowing Machine Rower is one of the main features. The handlebars are foamed, and the seats are cushioned. The slide bar is made of steel and has a floor stabilizer for better positioning.
- Digital monitor: the machine has an LCD screen that displays the calories burnt, count, and timing and has scanning features.
- Ergonomic design.
- Has 12 magnetic resistance features.
- Anti-slip pedals and floor stabilizers.
- Digital monitor for easy monitoring.
- Comfortable handlebars.
- The piston can get hot after repetitive use.
- The seats are too small.
- Limited range of motion.
For those looking for a simple and elegant rowing machine for their home exercise, this one is the best pick. Fitness reality 1000 plus rowing machine is the perfect choice in budget and has the feature that makes rowing easier and smoother.
- 14 level transmission: the Fitness reality 1000 plus rowing machine has 14 magnetic transmission levels to keep the workout range from easier to most difficult.
- Well built: the rowing machine has a sturdy built and steel body to weather extreme workout sessions.
- App connectivity: one can track their fitness levels and workout regimens through my cloud fitness app directly.
- Foot stabilizers: the Fitness reality 1000 plus rowing machine has foot stabilizers, making it easy to perform other exercises like curls, front raises, triceps extensions, etc.
- Easy data tracking with a fitness app.
- Well built steel body.
- Smaller in size for easy storage.
- Foot stabilizers for other workouts.
- Cushioned seats and handlebars.
- The machine moves easily when pressure is put.
- Bulky foot straps.
- Chair sensors do not work properly.
This magnetic rowing machine is best to carry out some vigorous workout sessions right at home. You can easily exercise both the upper body and the lower body at the same time. MaxKare Magnetic Rowing Machine has many desirable features that make it a good product.
- Resistance adjustability: 16 resistance levels can be set according to the user’s suitability. You can go from subtle to the hard resistance level.
- LCD panel: the display panel shows the calorie count, time, rowing count. There is also a scan mode through which you can check your real progress in reaching your ultimate goal.
- Safe footplates: the footplates are textured and have strong safety straps. This prevents the feet from slipping during rigorous rowing sessions.
- Long slide rail: the slide rail is 45 inches long enough for people of 6’5” height to comfortably do their exercise. In total, the length of the machine is 49 inches.
- Padded seats and handles
- Foldable for easy storage
- Compact machine size
- Stable on an uneven surface
- tand for holding the tablet
- Does not track distance covered
- Weak resistance
- Bad instructions for assembly
MaxKare Water Rowing Machine Water Rower is a budget-friendly and best rowing machine for apartment 2021. It is a perfect rower for toning muscles and losing those extra calories right at home. It is easy to use, and smooth rowing makes exercising fun.
- Ergonomic design: the design of the rowing machine is very comfortable and suitable for every user. The handlebar is easy to grab and workout with.
- Resistance level: the rowing gives a rowing-on-water simulation, which makes exercising more challenging. The resistance level is the same as any real water outdoor rowing activity.
- Easy storage: the rowing machine has built-in wheels that make moving it easy, and it can be stored vertically upright against a wall when not in use.
- LCD monitor: the display screen in the machine keeps track of data like distance covered, time, strokes per minute, total count, and calories. It also has modes like a man-machine competition, which makes the workout sessions more fun.
- The rowing machine can be stored easily.
- On water simulation while working out.
- Easy to track the LCD monitor.
- Sturdy built
- Max weight capacity of 264 lbs.
- Batteries get finished quickly.
- Produces sound while rowing.
- Customer service not up to date.
ECHANFIT Rowing Machine Foldable Indoor Rower is the best rowing machine for apartment 2021 choice for those who are fitness freaks and like to keep themselves active at home. This is a magnetic belt system rower machine that works soundlessly. Not only that, this machine comes from one of the best indoor workout machine manufacturers.
- Foldable design: this rower machine is a compact machine that can be stored in any corner of the house effortlessly. The machine folds easily and has a smaller footprint.
- 16 level resistance: the magnetic resistance system provides 16 levels of tension for those who like to make their workout difficult step by step.
- Silent magnetic belt: the silent magnetic belt makes the rowing machine silent and quiet for home use.
- Ergonomic design: The rowing machine’s design is user friendly as one can change console angle easily. Also, the pedals are anti-skid type, and the handlebars have foam covering.
- Silent rowing machine
- 16 level magnetic tension levels.
- Anti-skid foot level
- Well covered handlebars.
- Easy to store foldable design.
- The quality of the screen is not too good.
- Not much challenging for expert-level trainees.
- Some parts were missing.
The OROTO Magnetic Rower Rowing Machine is a choice that is perfect for both beginners and experts in rowing. One can get an optimal exercise level as one upgrades the tension level from 1-10 to increase the difficulty level. It is well built and has good features that make the machine easy to use and store.
- 10 level tensions: the OROTO Magnetic Rower Rowing Machine has ten magnetic resistance levels, which increases the level of difficulty slowly while training.
- Digital monitor: the rower has a digital display, which helps keep track of the workout metrics as calories burnt and time spent on the machine.
- Noiseless: the machine is completely noiseless. Thus, one can easily use the rower without disturbing anyone else in the room.
- Small footprint: the OROTO Magnetic Rower Rowing Machine is compact and can be stored in an upright position, hardly taking any space in a corner.
- Digital LCD display
- Phone holder on the machine.
- 10 level resistance.
- Small footprint for easy storage.
- The machine does not make any sound.
- Built is not too strong.
- Customer service not satisfying.
- Not budget-friendly.
This rowing machine model is a water rowing machine that will give the exact simulation of rowing-on-water in the living room’s comfort. It is easy to use and store and help get that fit body at less cost than a gym membership.
- Comfortable workout: The rowing motion is smooth and is also very quiet, apart from the sloshing sound of the water. The seat is comfortable, and the footplates are adjustable. And the recoil phase of the workout is also smooth and fast.
- Rowing-on water simulation: The rowing movements are similar to the rowing of an actual boat. The resistance is at the same level as in the outdoor rowing activity.
- Easy storage: The rowing machine has wheels on its end, which makes moving it around easy. Simply lift it from one side and push it and store it against a wall vertically.
- Bluetooth monitor: The model has advanced monitor controls that allow three modes, target, manual, and interval custom. These setups will help with setting time and achieving everyday goals.
- Easy to assemble
- Easy storage
- Great water pump
- Comfortable rowing machine for beginners
- Relaxing water splashing sound
- Foot pedal not assembled properly.
- Not made of oak.
- Customer service not fast.
Merax Water Rowing Machine is the best rowing machine for apartment 2021 with one of the best features. It is perfect for having those vigorous workout sessions that will exercise all the major groups of muscles.
- Ergonomic design: The way every component of the rowing machine is built is to provide the most comfortable exercise session. It has contoured seats that help during long workout sessions. The footplates are 12 inches long that keeps the feet comfortable during intense rowing.
- Strong resistance level: This water rowing machine model has a unique inclined water tank that increases the rowing resistance level. Compared to the normal flat water tank, this inclined design is more effective for strengthening cardio health.
- Advance monitor: The LCD monitor has some advanced features such as strokes, duration, calories, heart rate, and distance covered. You can also set some challenging modes such as competitive races where you participate in rowing competitions.
- Smooth rowing: The rowing of the machine is smooth and dynamic and feels like actual water rowing. The swooshing of the water inside the tank produces a quiet and relaxing sound. The water level can be set based on the resistance level that you want.
- Built-in wheels for easy storage
- Unique inclined water tank
- Stronger resistance level
- Sturdy and comfortable design
- Well written assembly manual
- Water level not mentioned.
- The LCD screen does not shut off on its own.
- Handlebars are not cushioned enough.
This is an air rowing machine that has an adjustable resistance level. With every row, you will hear and feel the wind generated by the air rowing machine. It is a very good product for almost every body part.
- Adjustable resistance level: The resistance level can be adjusted manually by the user depending on their fitness level. The movement is smooth and dynamic. The tension can also be adjusted through the replacement belt.
- Comfortable design: machine is of a steel body, and the seat is comfortable. The footplates are adjustable with strong straps that keep feet in place during intense workout sessions.
- Display panel: The display control panel is very easy to use and shows all the important data such as the time, speed, count, and calories burnt.
- Easy storage: The rowing machine model comes with built-in wheels that make it easy to move it around the house. Also, for storage purposes, it can be folded and stored easily.
- Has a tablet holder
- Built-in wheels and foldable
- Replacement belt available with the package
- Easy assemble with good instructions
- Very quiet
- Bad customer service.
- Not sturdy for heavy trainers.
- Resistance is not that challenging.
The best rowing machine for apartment 2021 is grouped based on their resistance. The resistance is the feature that controls the workout intensities and also the smoothness of the motion.
- Magnetic and air rowing machineThis type is also known as a mag-air rowing machine. It combines the features of two types of rowing machines into one. It has manually set the magnetic rowing machine’s resistance feature and the smoothness of the air rowing machines’ motion.
- Magnetic rowing machineThe magnetic rowing machine is the basic type of a rowing machine. The resistance in this needs to be controlled manually, and it does not change with the pace of movement. For more resistance, the magnets placed near the flywheel are moved closer towards the flywheel and vice versa.
- Air rowing machineAir rowing machines have a resistance that can be controlled by you. Rowing harder creates more resistance, and when rowing at a normal pace, the resistance is low. This type creates a simulation exactly like rowing on water.
- Water rowing machineThis rowing machine type has the exact feeling of rowing on water. This is because the resistance is actually through water resistance. The rowing movements move the paddles through a small water tank. It has dynamic resistance, but controlling it can be difficult as the resistance level depends on the amount of water in the tank.
Buying guide for Best Rowing Machine For Apartment 2021
Rowing machines are a very good way of working out all the major groups of muscles. But apart from all the benefits, it can be quite challenging to buy the right machine suitable for you. The buying guide highlights all the important points to consider before buying one.
- Goals for workoutEveryone has a different goal when it comes to exercising. So, before choosing a rowing machine, make sure to consider your personal fitness goals as different rowing machines help with a different group of muscles.
- Resistance levelAll the types of rowing machines have a different level of resistance. Some are dynamic; some give the exact water resistance felt while rowing, and have a manual resistance setting feature. Depending on your fitness level, choose the machine that has the most suitable resistance level.
- FeaturesFeatures such as the seat, footplates, and handlebar should also be carefully checked. See that all three have proper padding, and the seat height is comfortable. It should be foldable for easy storage and if the machine is bulky and heavy, check that it has wheels for easy movement. These features are as important as checking the resistance level and other features.
- Control panel
Every rowing machine comes with a monitor, some are basic, and others may be a bit more advanced. The basic monitors show things like the speed, distance covered, and the time is taken. The advanced monitor models will also have data like heart rate, racing games, calories burnt, and some preset workout programs. If you are not going to use the extra features, then go for the basic monitor as it is cheaper among the two.
- Control panel
- SpaceOne of the major things to consider is the space it will occupy in the house. Measure the space where you plan to keep it and buy the model that can easily fit in that space. Also, don’t forget to keep sufficient space for hand and led movements.