Best Soundbars under 300 for 2021
Quality of sound assumes utmost importance for gamers, musicians and the current generation at large which is why we shall be discussing on the best soundbars under 300 for the year 2021. Earlier there used to be right central and left speakers which would contribute to create a larger than life soundscape. Soundbars basically eliminate such different propositions and bring multiple sound boxes under one umbrella. More than one sound boxes are kept under one cabinet, thereby causing better effect of echo and stereo effect. It can be used with your television in your drawing room to enhance your film watching experience or it can add to your sound effects while you are playing your favorite games on the PC. Soundbars can be placed according to your preference, like being mounted on the wall or placed in front of your TV or synced to your desktop. The modern LED TV makes more room for you to slot in your favourite soundbar.
Soundbars have in built tech to create an atmospheric sound that provides you more sound clarity. Earlier the boxes were bigger when the display was based on a CRT platform. Now technology has evolved to create compact devices that have a lasting impact without taking up too much space. Some soundbars come loaded with a sub-woofer, only to up your game and make a mark with its stellar performance. Some people confuse between a soundbar and a sound base but both are not the same. The speakers are inside a box, both in a soundbar and in a sound base. The crisper sound details along with a cinematic effect lets the viewer enjoy the moments, be it a movie or gunshots from your battle combat game.
Sound bars come with various specifications and different types of sound, so you would find a lot of options to choose your soundbar. Different sound bars have different types of sound, channels, options of different connections, options of changing parameters to tweak the sound, etc. Some sound bars may act as a central speaker though options are limited due to the main purpose of the sound bar. The latest sound bars can be connected to modern devices like the Amazon Alexa. So now you can not only control the sound from the remote but also via your voice commands. Most customers like to procure a product that would come loaded with features, have good clear sound and come within decent budget. Hence, let us take a small tour of the best soundbars under 300 that we would find in 2021:
Best Soundbars under 300 for 2021
- Single sound bar provides better sound quality compared to your TV.The Solo 5 TV sound system is an easy solution, with advanced technologies that deliver the clear audio your TV can’t.
- Dialogue mode to make every word and detail stand out
- Bluetooth connectivity to wirelessly stream music from any of your devices
- One connection to your TV. Optical audio input (digital); Coaxial audio input (digital); 3.5 mm aux input (analog)
- Universal remote controls TV, bass, Bluetooth connections and more
When we think of sound and equipment regarding sound, one brand that has stood out since a long time would be “Bose”. Bose has been known to assemble the best of pieces and create products whose sound ring in your ears for a very long time to come. Each decibel of sound comes across in an enhanced manner only to convert user experience to higher standards. Be it while hearing your favorite dialogue or while loading your guns while playing “Counter Strike” on your PS4, XBOX or PC, every rumble brings solace to the ears. The Bose Solo 5TV Soundbar is one such product from Bose that makes a mark, thanks to its Bluetooth connectivity feature that allows seamless play of music without any wires dangling!
- Setting up the soundbar is a very easy task as it requires only one audio cable to be connected to the TV. You can place it above the TV or in front of it according your preference.
- Love a bit of extra bass to your music? Well then the easy bass controls help you tweak the level and effect of bass while listening to music or streaming a Web Series on a OTT platform.
- One remote takes care of all your needs, be it controlling volume, bass, Bluetooth connectivity and more.
- The dialogue mode is a great enabler helping the viewer take note of each and every dialogue
- Sturdy and long lasting built quality
- Guarantee of “Bose”
- Good quality sound with options to tweak according to your preference
- Relatively small sound stage
- Bass performance can be better
- No DTS support
These powerful sound bars from TaoTronics sure packs a punch! It has an overall audio experience that keeps the viewer glued to the system. It has a length of 32 inches, so make sure you have enough space in your drawing room before you place your order. No worry of setting up the device with lots of wiring since this product supports Bluetooth connectivity. Streaming music from tablets, laptops or mobile phones becomes an easy task, so you can listen to your favorite music while completing your client presentation or college project! The TaoTronics gives you the flexibility to choose from various audio modes according to your preference:
- Game Mode: It adjusts the sound according to the sound parameters in the game you are playing.
- Music Mode: Here comes the kick of bass, so let the music roll and the tap to the beats of the music
- Movie Mode: Works for both movies or while streaming web series. Adjusts the sound settings accordingly to give you theatre like experience.
The remote lets you have all controls on your fingertips, starting from fast forwarding, rewinding, access to audio modes, volume controls and mute/unmute. There is a feel good factor to the kind of sound it produces, irrespective of the audio modes you select.
- The LED screen shows the current functions including which mode is being used
- Comes with a very handy and useful remote that has all controls
- The slick 32 inch design requires much less room to be squeezed in
- Works with both Bluetooth and wired connections
- Upgrades sound that comes from your PC or TV
- The size works well to be fit in
- Different sound modes
- No subwoofer
- A PREMIUM ULTRA-SLIM SOUND BAR WITH INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – 5 powerful full-range drivers deliver BEAUTFUL RICH SOUND WITH DEEP BASS. POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital Decoding maximizes sound clarity & reduces voice delays
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At just over 2" tall, it fits most spaces — easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It won’t block your TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & crystal clear sound. With numerous connection possibilities, plug in any audio source via HDMI ARC, optical input & AUX
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device through the built-in Bluetooth technology
- SET UP YOUR SOUND BAR IN MINUTES — With the included subwoofer, HDMI and optical cables quickly connect your TV to the sound bar. Get set up and listening in minutes
If you are on the hunt for a soundbar which comes with a sub-woofer, then the Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar brings with it a great package. It gives the feel of a home theatre and the sound quality is far greater than most sound bars than come in this price bracket. The sound quality give stiff competition to those products which were dwelling in the higher price bracket. Plug in the Polk Audio Signa S2 to your 4K TV and boom!! Your home is now a full on amphi-theatre. With the option of wireless connectivity, you can stream music from your favorite music apps via your phone, laptop or tablet. It also gives clear sound quality when web series is streamed, so that you don’t miss a beat.
- Slim design so can be easily set up in a smaller space
- With the option of optical cables, HDMI and subwoofer, setting up the device is an easy job
- Bluetooth connectivity helps stream music without any glitch
- Premium audio quality with enhanced bass
- Decent reproduction of audio
- Competitive pricing
- Connectivity options
- No Atmos support
- Customization options are limited
- WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Feel the subtle rumble of distant thunder and earthshattering sound as it pounds the air around you in the wireless subwoofer that boasts a frequency response (amp) of 43Hz~20kHz
- SMART SOUND TECHNOLOGY: The soundbar automatically analyzes the content and optimizes the sound setting for the best experience
- GAME MODE: Claim more glorious victories with a special setting that boosts game sound effects
- CLUTTER-FREE WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth connectivity for easy wireless connections allows you to enjoy music from your mobile devices with no strings attached
- PAIRS WITH SAMSUNG TVS: Optimized to work seamlessly with Samsung TVs and deliver a superior entertainment experience
Samsung is known amidst today’s generation as a brand that delivers excellent quality products and soundbars are no exception. For Samsung TV owners, this product makes an excellent choice. If entry level soundbars have to be considered, this Samsung product makes a clear winner. It can put on a table beside your LCD or LED TV and also can be wall mounted. It has rubber bumpers while prevent scratching of surfaces, specially while setting up the product. It has a frequency band between 42 HZ to 20 KHz. Experts say that it delivers noteworthy levels of sonic sound which should auger well for movie lovers. It comes with various USB and HDMI cable options, so you get quite a few alternatives to set up the soundbar real quick.
- Seamless connectivity with Samsung TVs
- The special gaming mode enhances sound clarity when you are playing your favorite game on your PS4 or XBOX
- Easy Bluetooth connectivity for seamless entertainment
- Sub-woofer comes with wireless options along with a wider frequency response
- Control with one remote for all functions
- Additional gaming mode for enhanced gaming experience
- Compatibility with Samsung TVs
- Sometimes causes Bluetooth connectivity problems
- Clean and loud sound packed in a minimalistic design
- Wireless subwoofer for extra bass and flexible placement. Bluetooth: Version 4.2
- Specially tuned to deliver distortion-free sound at any volume. Subwoofer size (WxHxD) 8.3 x 12.9 x 9.8 inches
- Sound modes (music, movies, and news) optimize performance based on content
- Eight dedicated powerful audio components to reproduce the complete sound spectrum with pristine accuracy
The design may have a minimalistic feel to it but the sound bar in question has a large sound scape that strikes a chord with any user the very first time itself. It is indeed one of the best soundbars under 300 for 2021. The noteworthy aspect of TCL is that within a short time, it has made a name for itself and is known as a brand which does not compromise on sound quality. It has set components for both the left and right speakers and hence you can expect a balanced output. There has been very detail engineering that has gone into the making of this device and TCL vouches that it is here is stay! It has one driver and one tweeter on both sides. It saves you time since setup is easy. All necessary cables are packed into the box, required to establish connection.
- Wireless sub-woofer enhances the overall experience
- Comes with a wall mounting kit to facilitate easy set
- Tuned to produce distortion free sound at all volume levels
- Sound from music instruments are crystal clear
- Decent sound profile
- Good choice for content with more dialogues
- Lack of enough bass support
- No DTS connectivity options
- Upgraded Version: High-sensitivity remote control displays the different modes by means of different colored LED lights. Deep bass, improved power-designed for your smart TV and sweet Home.
- DSP Technology: This technology let you have three choices for sound effects: news, movie and music, you can choose according to your current situation.
- Memory Function and Bass Control: The update remote's reset button could be memorized to the factory settings. And you can control the treble and bass settings of the sound bar.
- Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Transmission: Bluetooth wireless transmission technology, strong anti-interference, lossless audio transmission, 360-degree sound, let you have a high-quality home audio system, enjoy the luxury of music.
Looking for a product which comes with touchless remote controls? Then the BESTISAN Soundbar comes with a remote controller than works on gestures, so no need to keep pressing different buttons to continue the functions of the soundbar. The length of the product is 34 inches with a dual channel audio support. The 6 driver tech support enables good clarity of sound for a long period of time. The company warrants lifetime support in terms of technical dysfunctions. It gives you the option to switch between different sound modes to choose the one which suits your preference. The engineering is such that it supports 360-degree surround sound, so you shall be able to experience an overall larger than life soundscape.
- News, Music and Movies, these three sound modes give the user various options to make the current choice according to current requirement
- The Remote Control has different LED lights based on which mode you are currently tuned to
- Sound designed for a larger impact when connected to high definition LED TV
- Enhanced user experience by choosing preferred sound mode
- Good engineered product
- 360 degree soundscape
- Touchless remote controls
- One piece configuration
- Built in subwoofers for deep bass in 1 slim sound bar
- Clear voice for enhanced dialogue clarity. Bluetooth maximum communication Range 33 feet; (without obstructions)
- DTS Virtual: X Virtual 3D surround sound; Standby Power Consumption 0.4W (HDMI CEC standby off), 1.2W (HDMI CEC standby on)
- Bluetooth streaming that allows easy switching between 2 devices
- Simple setup with HDMI, Optical or Aux connection
This is probably the slimmest soundbar under 300 that is available in the market. Yamaha has done exceedingly well all these years to produce products that have left a mark. Another advantage of this product is the Bluetooth range of 33 feet. Now isn’t that awesome? You can be in corner of your house and streaming music via your mobile phone. You would have the option of syncing more than one device via Bluetooth and the Yamaha lets you switch between both devices. The Yamaha has keyhole mounts and a mounting template that lets you setup the device in the best possible space of your house. Even though it does not support a subwoofer, it has a subwoofer output port.
- Ultra 4K sound compatibility
- Can connect more than one device via Bluetooth
- Easy set up
- Dialogue clarity
- DTS support
- Multiple device connectivity
- Sub-woofer required for enhancing bass
- Music cast audio technology may not be supported
- Deep Bass: built-in 2x 3-inch subwoofers, produce powerful bass to all movies, music, and TV Shows, enjoy great bass in your home
- Powerful 80W 38-inch Soundbar: except dual subwoofers, also built-in 2x 3-inch full-range speaker, output up to 105 dB loud sound，upgrade your TV audio experience, a great fit for 40" above Class smart and traditional TVs
- Clear voice: 2.1 channel soundbar designed with DSP technology for amazing clarity and precision for enhanced dialogue, support movie/news/music/default sound modes, what's more, bass and treble adjustable under default mode
- Multiple Inputs: enjoy wireless streaming music through Bluetooth 5.0, also you can choose the wired connection including digital Optical, RCA, AUX, ARC, and USB, compatible with TVs, projectors, computers, smartphones, tablet, PCs, PS4, DVDs, and other devices.
- More Features: ARC connection support TV remote and universal remote to on/off soundbar and adjust the volume; remote controller supplied; wall mountable, mount kit provided; optical cable and RCA cable supplied, exclude ARC cable; 100% satisfaction service
The Wohome Sound bar is one of the best soundbars under 300 for 2021 due to its striking design, powerful engineering and unmistaken sound quality. This is one such sound bar which produces brilliant effect of bass be it while listening to music or streaming your favorite web series or while playing games. It is powered by DSP technology that allows fantastic clarity and precision of sound at all times. It comes with treble and bass adjusters, so you are truly let it rip at your next house party!! It comes with all sorts of wiring options compatible with computers, TVs, projectors, DVDs, PS4s,PS3 and others. The brand provides wall mount kit, thereby allowing additional options to setup the device. The remote control has all the options, so you can lay on your couch and soak in the sounds.
- Built in sub-woofer
- Default/news/music/movie sound modes that offer flexibility
- Multiple setup/connectivity options
- Light in weight
- Easy to set up/mount
- Controls may lag
- Ultimate Home Theater Upgrade: Sony 2.1 Channel Sound Bar System With Wireless Subwoofer for Optimized Audio
- Audio Comes Alive:320W total power output brings content to life with incredible volume and clarity
- Powerful Subwoofer: Large 6.30 Inches Speaker Unit and 6.16 Gallon Volume for a Deeper, Richer Bass Sound
- S-Force Pro: Virtual Surround Sound Technology Emulates a Theater-Style Surround Sound Experience
- 7 Sound Modes: Choose from Auto Sound, Cinema, Music, Game, News, Sports, and Standard Audio Mode
Sound and Sony go hand in hand. Be it speakers, headphones or any such product, Sony has always been a clear winner. When Sony announced launch of a soundbar then its competitors knew that they have to be on their toes. If you are willing to upgrade your home theatre experience, then this product shall be a game changer. Crystal clear sound is its USP and you would not be left disappointed by any means. This is also a perfect product for anyone who wants to enhance the sound level and sound quality of their TV sets. It comes in a decent size and hence is easier to be tucked in beside a TV, PS4 or computer. The added advantage lies in the fact that sub-woofer that enhances the entire sound scape.
- Easy set up process
- Brilliant performance and output of sound
- Simple design but good built quality
- Bass works wonders and is an instant hit
- Easy and quick setup process
- Multiple connectivity options absent
- Balancing of sound may be a hit
- JBL Surround sound makes movies come alive
- Rich and deep bass from a 6.5" (165mm) wireless subwoofer
- Enjoy JBL sound with 300W of power
- Wireless music streaming with Bluetooth
- Works with your TV remote control
The JBL Bar 2.1 would open up the entire sound scape of your home and enhance the sound quality which is being produced from the speakers of your television. It has in total six drivers in its system, four 2-1/4” midrange drivers and two 1-1/4” tweeters. It has a brilliant soundshift technology which enables shifting of TV and Bluetooth audio sources. It is also apt in decoding dialogues and enabling Virtual Surround Sound Mode. The package comes with wall mounted brackets, so set up is not a cumbersome task anymore. The sub-woofer is wireless and is loaded with an in built amplifier. It comes with all sorts of cables including 1 optical digital audio input, USB port for firmware inputs, 1 analog stereo minijack input and optical cable and stereo mini to mini cable.
- 300 watt power output enables smooth functioning of movies, web series or games
- Deep bass performance from the 6.5’ wireless sub-woofer
- All sorts of cables provided to ensure a smooth setup process
- The existing TV remote works as the controller
- Sound modes including virtual surround sound
- Seamless streaming via Bluetooth
- Powerful audio output thanks to the powerful bass
- Optical cable may create some hindrances
- Not loaded with accessories
The best soundbars under 300 for 2021 come with a host of amazing features that offer you best flexibility in terms of syncing, connectivity, designs, sound modes etc. Let us consider a few basic pointers to remember before we take the spurge and order one:
- Options of connectivity:
The more the number of connectivity options, the better it is for us surviving in a tech savy world! Most sound bars come with HDMI connectivity along with a 3.5 stereo connect and RCA. The Bluetooth sync is the most useful with most users preferring to connect their sound bars with their androids or tablets.
- Size of the sound bar:
The size of the sound bar is avery important factor to be taken in the reckoning. It all depends on where you want to place your soundbar, in front of your TV set, on top of it, inside the cabinet or somewhere else. Based on the space available, you need to check out what options are available. If the sound bar is not setup in a very convenient position, then sound output will be compromised and so will the entire experience.
- Availability of a sub-woofer:
For audiophiles, the importance of a sub-woofer is paramount. The sub-woofer adds extra jazz and bass to your party music so you can be always ready to rock and roll!! Some sound bars give you the option of selecting a sub-woofer in another cubical cabinet while others have built in sub-woofers which ends up saving considerable amount of space. So if you want additional bass, go for a sub-woofer.
The budget is by default a very obvious point of contention since different quality of products are available in different price points. We have covered the best sound bars under 300 in this review, so you are having a similar budget, then pick the best bet from the options put forward in this article.
- Active or passive:
Most sound bars have to be set up by plugging into the power socket and connecting a cable to the sound source. But there are some other sound bars which require an AV or amplifier to receive the signal from the source and therefore power the sound bar for optimal performance. Now its up to you, which one satisfies your preference.
- Option to go wireless:
Wouldn’t it be great if you can stream your favorite music from your phone while connecting to the sound bar. No need to be in front of the sound bar to control operations, you can be in the adjacent room and control via Bluetooth. Wireless connectivity is something that cannot be ignored.
Hope the factors zeroed in would enable you to pick up the best soundbars under 300 and hope you have a gala experience with your preferred music and web series. Check out the Best Home Theater System 2021