Introduction for the Best Space Heater for Baby Room
During cold seasons, it is essential to use the best space heater for baby rooms. Unlike adults, babies cannot regulate their body temperatures. They cannot also wrap around the blanket as grownups do. So, it only makes perfect sense to choose a quality space heater to address these shortcomings. The best space heater has many components, and the ones available in the market vary in models and types. Here are some of the common types.
Types of Space Heaters Available
Space heaters are generally categorized into four. Please read through for more details.
- Ceramic Fan-Forced Heaters
These are the most common and popular types in the market. They are versatile and come in several models. For instance, their fan heaters are in various shapes and sizes, making them perfect options for every room. Smaller units are ideal for baby rooms or offices. The bigger alternatives are excellent for the entire living room.
The ceramic fan-forced heaters are perfect for babies’ rooms because they have a cool touch surface. Amid their popularity, they are limited in that they are a bit noisy. With this, they may not be ideal for baby rooms.
- Radiant and Infrared Heaters
These types of heaters on the list are known to heat an area instantly. They have since grown into popularity in the market as well. In most cases, they come with wood cabinets to fit into any home décor. One thing you will love about them is their complete silence. Not only that, but they are also energy efficient. Beyond baby room application, they are excellent choices for any setting. However, their most significant drawback is that they emit light.
- A Convection Space Heater
Convention space heaters are oil-filled and transfers radiating heat from the external surface area. And this is the one attribute making it an excellent choice for larger spaces. Another plus is that they are easy to clean and require little maintenance routine. Even better, you will not have to worry about refilling them. They are also quiet enough to be used in any room. Unfortunately, they are not a perfect fit to use in a baby room. That is because their surfaces get hot when they are in use.
- Micathermic Panel Heaters
Also known as combination heaters, Mica thermic panel heaters are incredibly silent. Unlike the radiant heaters, they don’t put off lights. They also stand out as ideal choices for allergic and asthmatic users. Thanks to the 80% convection heat and 20% radiant heat it produces. In addition, they are lightweight, and you can mount them on the wall. The only setback is that they get too hot and are not recommended to use in baby rooms.
The benefits of using a space heater for a baby room are pretty obvious. They ensure your child is not exposed to cold, especially in summer. Yet, it is also important to highlight that not every space heater is ideal for you. And with the many options to choose from, the whole process can only get difficult. Thankfully, we have made a list of some of the best space heaters for baby rooms for you.
- DESIGNED TO PERFORM — Gently heats and circulates all the air around baby.
- TAILORED COMFORT — 2 heat and fan settings featuring auto or continuous air circulation.
- BUILT FOR BABY — Advanced safety features include a cool-touch exterior, tip-over protection, and an automatic safety shut-off system for worry-free use.
- PERFECT FOR PARENTS — Curiosity-proof child lock switch and covered cord storage concealed in base.
- HAPPY PARENT PROMISE — Backed by a 5-year and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- Easy control heater: Adjust the knob on the right to turn the unit on. "I" is for producing heat at 750 watts, "II" will produce heat faster and hotter at 1500 watts, and "Fan" will blow out cool air. Then turn the thermostat knob on the left toward the + sign. The adjustable temperature range is 0℉ to 158℉. It will get the heater to cycle on and off according to if the room's temperature reaching heater's setting temperature
- Energy efficient heater: With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heater to heat up 200 square feet in seconds. Helps to save electric bills by heating up needed small spaces instead of heating the whole house with other centralized heaters. It's quiet enough to use in a bedroom while sleeping
- Portable mini heater: Dimensions: 6.2 x 7 x 9.2 inch, 3.2 pounds light weight mini heater easy to carry around with handle. This 120V heater has 6 feet long cord and 2 prong connection fits for indoors use such as office, room, desk, home, bedroom
- Safe room heater: The heater is made of flame retardant material to achieve zero fire hazard. Tip over protection shut off heater when it's knocked over, perfect for houses have kids and pets. Overheat protection will shut heater off automatically when the heater overheat
- Long serving life: Tip over swicth, overheat protection, rubber extension cord, flame retardant and ceramic speedy heating and cooling for its steady operation and a long serving life, no extra worry on accidental damage for winter life
- 2 Quiet Settings - including high heat and low heat plus an Auto setting make this electric space heater ideal for warming up an area in your home or home office. With widespread oscillation this heater distributes warm air throughout the room
- Adjustable Thermostat - with digital display allows you to adjust the heater's 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With an easy to read digital temperature display you can select a wide range of temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Remote Control & Built-in Timer - allows you to adjust the heater's temperature, timer, oscillation and more from a distance. While the easy to program timer allows you to select 1 hour to 8 hours, in 1 hour intervals
- Built-in Safety Features - overheat protection ensures the space heater does not overheat even if left on for an extended amount of time. While a cool touch exterior keeps the heater cool to the touch even after running for hours
- Fully Assembled - allows you to take the heater out of the box and have it working it minutes. Simply plug the heater into a wall outlet, adjust the thermostat, and enjoy the warmth from your new Lasko space heater
- Ceramic space heater with adjustable thermostat for cozy warmth; oscillating option for better heat dispersal in multiple directions
- 1500-watt high setting; 3 output options: Low, High, or Fan Only; power indicator light lets you know when it’s plugged in
- For safety: tip-over switch with auto shut-off and overheat protection with auto shut-off; ETL listed
- Carrying handle for easy transport; not for use in bathrooms, laundry areas, or other high-humidity rooms
- Choice of Black or Silver color; backed by an Amazon Basics limited 1-year warranty
- Gently heats and circulates all the air around baby using Vornado’s signature Vortex Action
- 2 heat settings with fan only option; Cribside temp sensing controls temperatures at the crib
- Lockable, backlit controls; Programmable timer; Informative LCD display
- Advanced safety features - Cool-touch case, tip over protection and automatic safety shut-off
- Covered cord storage concealed in base; Backed by a 5 year Happy Parent Guarantee
- Fast Heating & Constant Temperature: Ceramic heaters are, typically, the most effective type of electric-resistance radiant heaters. Quickly heat-up to 70°F in 3 second with reliable ceramic heating technology, offering steady comfortable temperature.
- Safety to Use: The PTC indoor space heater made of high quality cool touch flame resistant material. US standard socket can directly plug into outlet without any adapter or extension cord. Overheating & tip-over switch protection to you and your family.
- Programmable Thermostats Heater: Tower heater, with 3 heating options (High, Low, ECO mode) to achieve customized temperature settings with maximized efficiency and warmth. ECO setting automatically helps energy-saving based on your ambient temperature.
- User Friendly Space Heater: Touch Control, remote control, oscillation, 8hours timer and carry handle are features that you can also look for in the quiet electric heater (50dB working noise). Perfect tower heater for your bedroom, living room, office.
- Manufacturer: Pelonis, the American brand heating appliances manufacturer will offer all the consumers a 1-Year manufacture with your purchase. Feel free to contact with us at any time
- 【Easy-to-use Heater with 3 Modes】Two Heat Mode 1500W/750W provides different warmth while Fan Mode for cool natural winds, suitable for any season to customize your cozy living space. Simply turn the knob to turn the space heater on and the adjustable temperature ranges from 0℉ to 158℉
- 【Quick Heating and Energy-saving Heater】PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan enable this space heater heat up 200 square feet in seconds. Compared with high power-consuming centralized heaters, this high-efficient heater helps you to say goodbye to mounting electricity bill
- 【Safe and Reliable to Use】Made of quality-assured flame retardant material, this room heater achieves zero safety hazard. Tip-over protection turns off heater when it's knocked over, perfect for houses having kids and pets. Overheat protection will shut heater off automatically when overheating
- 【Quiet Space Heater】 Lower than 50dB level, the electric heater for home is comfortably quiet to use in a bedroom while sleeping. It’s also extremely suitable for warming the room while reading, working, studying, or watching TV, never worried about being disturbed.
- 【Portable Mini Heater】8.3 x 6.3 x 4 inch in size, 2.2 pounds in weight, this small heater is easy to carry around with the built-in handle. 6-foot long durable cord and 2 prong connection perfectly fits for indoor use such as office, room, desk, home, bedroom, etc.
- 🔥【MORE SAFETY USE】PTC ceramic heater making heating safer with E.T.L. listed.Independent safe On/Off switch & Automatically power off when dumping.
- 🔥【UNIQUE-DESIGNU】The industry's first fuselage,Removable triangular wooden stand with bottom non-slip silicone for more stability,Ideal for small spaces, at home or at the office dorm
- 🔥【DURABLE MATERIAL】The indoor space heater use Class V0 fire-resistant materials,PTC ceramic heating element that heat up in seconds,more powerful,and quiet work with noise<45dB
- 🔥【3 HEATING MODALS】Designed with 1000W high heat mode, 500W medium heat mode,normal cool blow fan, bringing you proper warmth as you need.
- 🔥【ENERGY EFFICIENT】The portable tiny heater provide faster and more efficient heating than traditional heaters you are in to reduce energy consumption. You can lower your thermostat and lower your energy bills.
- FAST, EFFICIENT HEATING: Our oscillating space heater uses a forced-fan circulation to heat as it rotates from side to side, quickly & evenly warming an entire room while maintaining a consistent temperature.
- ETL CERTIFIED & BUIT TO BE SAFE: In addition to being ETL Certified, this unit includes an overheat protection sensor and an automatic fail-safe that cuts power to the unit if it's accidentally tipped over.
- OPTIMAL COMFORT: A digital thermostat prevents overheating & stuffiness, while an 8-hour timer with auto shutoff allows you to program the unit in advance to maintain a steady comfortable temperature.
- LOWER ENERGY COSTS: Frostbite weather shouldn’t take a bite out of your paycheck. Our energy-saving ECO mode adjusts heat output to lower costs, while its ceramic build prevents producing too much heat.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE POWER: This heating appliance is easy to move from room to room or take on a road trip. A remote control enables easy adjustment, while the stay cool housing helps prevents burns.
- As of 12/22/20 - THE BEEPING SOUND HAS BEEN REMOVED. Acting on important customer feedback, we have listened and made a hardware update that has removed the beeping sounds made by this heater. The Atomi Smart Tabletop Heater now operates silently.
- WIFI ENABLED AND VOICE ACTIVATED – Control your heater from your phone anytime. Turn the heater on/off, change temperature, create schedules, and more using the free Atomi Smart App. Also works via simple voice commands with Alexa or Google Assistant.
- SAFETY & STABILITY - Receive an instant phone notification if heater tips over. Also has built-in overheat protection, cool-touch housing and handle, a wobble-free base, and a 360 degree tip-over safety switch. Works on any floor surface – including carpet. ETL Certified.
- LARGE TOUCH SCREEN PANEL – Can use without the app. Digital display and manual control pad features buttons for turning the heater On/Off, changing the temperature, switching between 3 modes (High, Low and ECO), setting the timer, and turning oscillation On/Off.
- HEATS QUICKLY – Whisper-quiet 1500W PTC ceramic heating technology warms the surrounding air to 70 degrees in two seconds flat. Provides heat for rooms up to 750 square feet. Wide-angle oscillation warms up every corner of your room.
Now that you have seen all the various brands of space heaters, how about picking the best? The best space heater for baby rooms must fulfill diverse needs beyond keeping the room warm. Meaning if you are looking for a space heater, you should consider many factors, both on your end and on the item you want.
- The Size of the Room and Unit
This is basic, and it tells a lot about what type of space heater you will choose. The smallest heater may not be the best, even for the tiniest of rooms. The biggest heater may also bring more harm than good. In a nutshell, choose a heater that will fit the room needing heating. Remember that the size of the unit has a lot to do with heating capacity.
- Safety Features Available
In choosing a space heater for a baby room, the child’s safety is paramount. Always ensure you select a device with safety features. One of the components you may want to check is tip-over protection or automatic shut-off in case of overheating. Other things to check are if the machine is cool to touch and the safety cord.
- Noise Level
Like safety, the perfect space heater should not put your child at risk. Different space heaters have varying noise levels. Of course, you don’t want a noisy one unless budget is a concern. Some of them can be too loud, while others are pretty silent. Noise will affect your child’s sleep. Choose the most silent heater, especially if your baby has trouble sleeping.
The Type of Space Heater
As aforementioned, you have endless brands and types of space heaters to choose from. And they have many traits, some of which are for the best, while others are not ideal. The best space heater is one without or has limited drawbacks. For instance, such heaters should not have a hot exterior when in use. It should also be cool to touch and not noisy.
- Additional Features
Extra features like a timer and remote control will influence your choice of a space heater. With a timer function, you can set the duration you want the device to operate. In sophisticated brands, the device goes off automatically when the time elapses. This is one of the ways to save on money and avoid overheating.
A remote control, though not as important, makes it easier to use your space heater. This option allows you to control the device even from a distance. You will reduce the hassles of having to set anything in person.
Buying a desirable space heater requires more than the above considerations. one of them is price, which is so obvious. While your budget will determine the type of machine you buy, never go for the cheapest. Such devices are of the lowest quality and will cost you considerably in the long run. Also, above anything else, your desires will play a bigger role in your final choice.