Best Turntables Under 500
Introduction to Best Turntables Under 500
Planning to get the best turntables under 500? Here is a guide that will help you pick the right one.
Music has experienced a lot of modernization and digitalization. But there is still a different charm in browsing through vinyl records and playing it on a record player. Vinyl is where the history of music resides, so it always feels nice to relive those moments. And to live these moments, you need a record player, and it should be of the best quality so that your vinyl collection is not destroyed.
There are a few things you should know before purchasing a turntable. The following guide will help with the understanding.
What is a turntable?
Starting with the basics, a turntable is a part of a record player. The record player consists of a turntable, amplifier, and speakers. The turntable is the rotating device where you place the vinyl. The device translates the record grooves into analog signals that the amplifiers and speakers can receive.
Types of turntables
There are two types of turntables based on their rotating motors, and this factor needs to be considered when purchasing a turntable. The two types are belt-driven and direct-driven.
- Belt-driven turntable
In these turntables, the motor, and the platter are separate and away from each other. An elastic band connects the two, and the bearing under the platter helps in rotating it. Many music lovers prefer the belt-driven turntables because of the following reasons:
- Since the motor is away from the platter, there is less noise.
- Also, the elastic band absorbs most of the shocks that reduce vibrations, and the music produced is smoother.
- Direct-driven turntable
Unlike the belt-driven, the motor in direct drive turntables is right under the platter. It is very responsive and sensitive to pitch changes. The motor is under the platter which makes it easy to control the speed of rotation. This is why direct-driven turntables are suitable for DJs.
- The platter spins at a very consistent speed.
- This consistency allows the DJs to create music by rotating it backward.
A disadvantage of this turntable is that since the motor is attached to the platter, a lot of vibration is generated, which affects the quality of the sound produced.
If a person likes listening to vinyl records, they are already aware of the many benefits of owning a turntable/ record player. But if you are new and want to get into vinyl music, then the below-mentioned points may convince you to make the purchase.
These days people listen to music while multi-tasking. But these record players make you want to sit at a comfortable spot and enjoy your favorite records.
Vinyl songs are uncompressed music that does not use technology to create music. Playing these records feels like experiencing the original recording or a live performance.
Vintage and retro music
Not every vintage song/ music has been converted into digital form. So, the only way to enjoy this music era is by playing it on a record player.
Best Turntables Under 500 Buying Guide & Reviews
- Experience the high-fidelity audio of vinyl
- Direct-drive, DC servo motor with selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds
- Fully manual operation featuring adjustable dynamic anti-skate control, variable pitch control with quartz speed lock, and balanced S-shaped tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- Convert your vinyl records to digital audio files by downloading and using the free Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity recording software (or software of your choice)
- Includes: USB cable, detachable RCA output cable (dual RCA male to dual RCA male), AC adapter, 45 RPM adapter, counterweight, felt mat, and removable hinged dust cover
Listening to records is a tough hobby, but, is actually nice when the songs warm you up. So, to play these records, you need a turntable like Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB Direct-Drive Turntable.
- Minimal vibration- Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB does not have the vibration problem. It is solved with a smooth aluminum platter that is anti-resonance and has a felt mat.
- Controls- the controls on this turntable model are properly labeled, which makes it user-friendly. It has a stroboscopic platter that indicates speed and a speed lock for pitch control.
- Records to digital files- this direct-drive turntable also allows you to convert the vinyl records to music files. Use the USB port to connect your laptop with the turntable. Then use any converting software to convert the records.
- The arm is s-shaped and equipped with some convenient features such as lockable rest, anti-skate, and hydraulic lift control.
- The stylus does not cause any distortions.
- The motor is very quiet.
- Easy to set up and connect.
- No automatic arm.
- Has no bass control.
- Rediscover your Vinyl record collection: Premium 3 speed turntable (33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM) that plays every LP / record in your collection, completed in a luxurious natural wood finish
- The centerpiece of your vinyl listening experience: 1/8 inch aux input to convert or playback from media sources; Standard RCA outputs to connect to external speakers and HIFI separates
- Room filling sound – On board built in stereo speakers deliver punchy, crystal clear sound; no fuss, simply kick back and listen to your records
- Update your library: Convert tracks into digital files via USB onto your PC or Mac with the included ION Audio EZ conversion software
- Everything you need: Protective dust cover, 45 adapter, and felt Slipmat included
Looking for the best turntables under 500 that can play every record/LP that you own? ION Audio Max LP – Vinyl Record Player / Turntable might just be the product you are looking for.
- Plays every record- it has three speeds that can be used to play the LP. The speeds are 78, 45, and 33 1/3 rotations per minute. It is always fun to listen to the favorite vinyl slow or faster than the original pace.
- Built-in speakers- the turntable comes with built-in speakers that produce room-filling music. You can simply put the record on and enjoy the music without worrying about connecting any speaker.
- RCA outputs- now, it is possible that you want to enjoy the music using the speakers that you own. No problem there, ION Audio Max LP has also considered this. There are RCA outputs that can be used to connect it to the external speakers.
- Create your music library- ION Audio Max LP allows you to convert the tracks on the record into digital files. Connect the turntable to your PC/laptop and use the ION Audio EZ software to complete the conversion.
- Three premium speeds.
- Attached dust and protection cover.
- Conversion software included.
- Speakers are good for the price but not the best quality.
- No adjustment for anti-shake available.
- PURE ANALOG LISTENING EXPERIENCE - Premium components allow this high fidelity belt driven turntable to recreate the performance the way the artist intended
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CARTRIDGE - The Audio Technica AT95E featuring a diamond elliptical tipped stylus is designed to track your record grooves with greater precision & accuracy for high definition audio
- SUPERIOR RECORD TRACKING - Enjoy perfect playback using the balanced aluminum S-Type tonearm ensuring the stylus is rested deep in your record's groove, producing every audio detail indistinguishable from the original recording
- SOLID WOOD PLINTH - The beautiful piano black finished cabinet is crafted from solid engineered (MDF) wood, incorporates isolation feet, an aluminum platter and a rubber slip mat which results in superior isolation from unwanted vibrations
- CAPTIVATING SIGNAL CLARITY - Incorporating a high quality built-in Texas Instruments preamp, ground terminal and gold plated RCA line outputs that ensures warm, true sound
This good-looking and one of the best turntables under 500 $ comes in two classy colors, wooden and black. The product is top in its performance, so you can simply choose your favorite color without worrying about the recorder’s color.
- Cartridge- the cartridge in this turntable is Audio Technica. The stylus is diamond tipped, ensuring that it does not skate or skip on the record groves.
- Belt-driven- the Fluance RT81 Vinyl Turntable is belt-driven. This high-fidelity belt-driven record player produces the music as if the original artist is right there playing it for you.
- S-shaped tonearm- the tonearm is s-shaped and made of aluminum. The design makes sure that the stylus is properly rested and deep enough to miss no groove of the record.
- Built-in preamp- the turntable is already equipped with a preamp, so you will not have to attach multiple devices to get the speakers to work. Directly attach it to the amplifier and then the speakers.
- Belt-driven, so less vibration.
- Two premium speeds.
- Can be easily upgraded.
- Difficulty in adjusting the RPM.
- Problem with rotation speed after working for a longer period.
- EASY OPERATION: Effortlessly enjoy your favorite records with one-step auto start, stop and return
- TWO SPEEDS: 33 1/3 rpm and 45 rpm, with the 45 rpm adaptor stowed neatly in a slot beneath the deck
- HIGH QUALITY AUDIO: Built in switchable phono output / line out phono preamp and 3 gain settings
- USB RIPPING: Rip vinyl records to digital MP3 files on your computer to take a favorite LP on the go
- WIRELESS CONNECTION: Connect to wireless speakers, headphones or other Bluetooth enabled devices
Listening to vinyl is a whole new experience; the music feels more wholesome than listening to digital tunes. But you can do justice to this music only with a quality record player like the Sony PS-LX310BT Belt Drive Turntable.
- Wireless connectivity- the record player has Bluetooth connectivity. It allows you to listen to your favorite vinyl with your Bluetooth speakers and headphones.
- Auto-playback- with one button, the recorder automatically lowers the straight tonearm. And when the record finishes, it automatically recoils the tonearm back to the resting position.
- Aluminum parts- the tonearm is straight and made of aluminum which makes it sturdy. The platter is also die-cast aluminum which stabilizes the rotating motion.
- Two speeds- the recorder comes with two rotation speeds, 45 AND 33 1/3 RMP. You can locate the 45 RMP beneath the deck.
- USB and wired connection- the RCA cables let you connect the device to speakers. And the USB connectivity is helpful when you want to digitalize vinyl records.
- Built-in preamp.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Convenient automatic operations.
- No volume control.
- Lacks adjusting operations.
- Experience the high-fidelity audio of vinyl
- Fully automatic Belt-drive turntable operation with two speeds 33-1/3 45 RPM
- Anti-resonance die-cast aluminum platter
- Redesigned tonearm base and head shell for improved tracking and reduced resonance
- Ac adapter handles AC/DC conversion outside of the chassis reducing noise in the signal chain
The Audio-Technica AT-LP60x is perfect for playing records of 12 inches and 7 inches. It has both wired and wireless features, which increase your convenience when listening to vinyl.
- Wired and wireless- you can connect your Bluetooth speakers and headphones to this device. Also, if you want to use wired speakers, RCA output cables can connect that for you.
- Operation- the turntable is belt-driven, and the other operations are completely automatic. The speeds are 45 and 33 1/3 RMP, which is quite good for the price.
- Aluminum platter- the platter is made of die-cast aluminum. It minimizes the vibration that reduces distortions, and the metal is also anti-resonance.
- Cartridge- the turntable is equipped with Audio-Technica Dual Magnet Cartridge. The stylus is diamond-tipped and is also replaceable.
- Additional features- with the front buttons, you can automatically cue the tonearm. Also, the turntable comes with a cover that protects it from damage and dust.
- Bluetooth connection.
- Built-in preamplifier.
- Steal for the price.
- The cartridge cannot be upgraded or changed.
- The tonearm is very light weighted.
- The Bluetooth connection is not strong.
- SUPERIOR SOUND: A new spin on an old classic, our Stir It Up Wireless Turntable offers a modular Audio Technica cartridge and built-in pre-amp and delivers premium audio quality and lets you enjoy your every sonic detail of your favorite vinyl records. If you prefer to use your own pre-amp, simply switch the internal amp off to connect one of your choice.
- PREMIUM FEATURES: Compatible with any Bluetooth speaker or headphones, you’ll experience that classic Marley sound no matter how you connect. Play any 33 or 45 RPM records while the anti-skate control and the auto start/stop help to protect your vinyl from damage. The USB port and included cable allow you to convert your records to a digital format.
- UNMATCHED DESIGN: The minimalistic, streamlined design of this record player makes for a stunning and functional statement piece. The aluminum platter and metal tonearm provide a subtle contrast against the warm, solid bamboo plinth. You’ll notice our attention to detail through unique touches like the Bob Marley quote engraved on the tonearm.
- SUSTAINABLE MATERIALS: Embrace your natural style with Marley’s message of craftsmanship and sustainability. Our turntables are designed with natural bamboo, our eco-friendly REWIND fabric and REGRIND silicone, recycled plastic, recyclable aluminum, and delivered in 100% recyclable packaging.
The House of Marley Stir it Up Turntable is one among the best turntables under 500. It looks very minimalistic yet stylish. It functions very smoothly. With this product, you can own a very good turntable at a very affordable price.
- Functioning- this turntable is automatic and is belt-driven. The belt ensures the stability of the platter and features automatic start/stop and pitch tuning.
- Built-in preamp- the Stir It Up is equipped with a built-in preamp; this reduces the hassle of connecting multiple devices to listen to your favorite records. You can also switch off the pre-amp if you want to connect to a separate preamp.
- Cartridge- this wireless turntable has an AT3600L MM cartridge. For convenience, the stylus and cartridge are replaceable and can be upgraded.
- Bluetooth- Bluetooth v4.2 supports the wireless part of the turntable. You can connect to wireless speakers and headphones and enjoy your records.
- Auto power down when not in use.
- Bluetooth and USB connection.
- Has volume control.
- No Bluetooth connectivity with computers.
- No built-in speakers.
- The protective cover is fabric.
- Take your analog listening experience to the next level with advanced features not typically found on automatic turntables
- Balanced straight tone arm comes with a 1/2" mount universal headshell and AT91R Dual Moving Magnet phono cartridge, giving you excellent high-fidelity performance
- Hydraulically damped lift control allows the stylus to be precisely and safely lowered and raised at any point on a record
- Offers fully automatic operation; simply press the Start button to begin play and the Stop button to lift and return the tone arm and shut off the turntable
- Constructed of anti-vibration damping materials that limits low-frequency feedback
Want to own a turntable that has upgraded features and is also affordable. The Audio-Technica AT-LP3BK turntable may have granted your wish.
- Design- the turntable is very sleek looking and, when played, produces very soothing music. It is belt-driven with speeds, 45 and 33 1/3 RPM. It is fully automated, with the start/stop buttons, it starts playing.
- Tonearm lift- the straight tonearm has hydraulic damping lift control. It allows the stylus to properly and precisely lower itself at any groove of the record.
- Replaceable cartridge- the headset of the turntable is universal and removable that leaves space for up-gradation and replacement of cartridge.
- Other features- the platter is made of die-cast aluminum and is also anti-resonance. The turntable also features a switchable built-in pre-amp.
- The tonearm automatically returns to a resting position.
- RCA audio cables.
- Anti-slip rubber mat.
- No USB and Bluetooth connection.
- No luck for the tonearm.
- No power button, always on unless unplugged.
- REDISCOVER YOUR PASSION FOR VINYL -Listen to your analog music in a brand new way with this rigid diecast aluminum turntable that comes with standard mount headshell, MM Cartridge, DC servo motor, and has rotation speeds of 33 1/3 or 45 rpm
- LOWER VIBRATIONS DRIVE BETTER PERFORMANCE - This slim and sleek turntable is designed with a heavier base construction that helps decrease vibrations, giving you a noiseless, rich and detailed sound
- SMOOTH & GENTLE AUTOMATIC MOTIONS - The automatic startup feature allows the turntable to begin play. With the touch of a button, the tonearm gets lifted and comes to rest so smoothly ensuring NO SCRATCHES OR DAMAGE TO YOUR RECORDS
- BUILT-IN PHONO EQUALIZER creates an open, enveloping sound stage that enlivens your vinyl collection while staying true to the original recording. Connect it directly to a mini component or integrated amp that lacks a phono terminal for seamless use
- EASY INSTALLATION & SETUP - Assemble the turntable, set it up in your living room or home theater with simple connections and start listening to your old or new records almost instantly
Looking to go back to your classic vinyl and want one of the best turntables under 500$ record player with all the necessary features? Look no more with Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Turntable all your needs will be satisfied.
- Heavier base- Denon designed this turntable model with a heavy base. This heavier base reduces any kind of vibration. And low vibration means better and richer sound.
- Built-in equalizer- the built-in equalizer in DP-300F makes setup easy. You can simply connect it to a receiver or an integrated amp and enjoy music that sounds just like the original recording.
- Automatic operations- the buttons automate the start and stop motions. With a click, you can start playing and safely bring the tonearm back to the resting position.
- Easy to use- the turntable has a sturdy built and is very easy to set up and use. With few wires, you can connect it to your speakers and home theater and freely enjoy the music.
- Elliptical stylus.
- Fully automatic belt-driven turntable.
- Protective cover and anti-slip rubber mat included.
- Wired and no Bluetooth.
- No tone arm lock.
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Audio-Technica AT-LP60X Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable (Gunmetal), Presonus 2-Way 3.5-inch Near Field Studio Monitor (PAIR), and Knox Gear Vinyl Record Care System Package
- AT-LP60X FULLY AUTO BELT-DRIVE STEREO TURNTABLE: Whether you've never heard the true quality sound of a vinyl record or you're an audiophile looking for your new favorite system, the AT-LP60X Turntable was built for you. This stylish and easy to use turntable plays both 33-1/3 and 45 RPM records. With the built-in switchable phono pre-amp, you are directly connected to your home stereo, powered speakers, or sound system
- SUPERIOR SOUND: The AT-LP60X Stereo Turntable is powered by a DC servo-controlled motor. With the built-in phono pre-amplifier you can connect to your favorite audio devices to get the sweet sound of vinyl from anywhere. The ATLP60X features a redesigned tonearm base and headshell to improve tracking and reduce resonance
- DUAL MAGNET CARTRIDGE: The Audio-Technica AT-LP60X has an Integral Dual Magnet cartridge with a replaceable diamond stylus. The cartridge is integrated into the headshell for assured performance and ease of setup
- DESIGN: It is combining the classic sound of vinyl with a sleek and stylish modern design. A newly designed arm-base and headshell mean the unique style of the AT-LP60X is bringing vinyl into the 21st century
Audio-Technica has some of the best turntables that make you want to go back to the record and vinyl days. And you can do that by simply purchasing this affordable Audio-Technica AT-LP60X Gunmetal Turntable.
- Package- the package will include the Audio-Technica AT-LP60X turntable, a pair of studio monitors, and a care package for the turntable.
- Cartridge- the cartridge is an Integral Dual magnet. The stylus is diamond-tipped and is also replaceable. The headshell and cartridge are integrated into one that ensures better performance.
- Smooth sound- the turntable is belt-driven and has a built-in preamp. You can simply connect it to your speakers and enjoy clear, distortion-free music.
- Aluminum platter- the platter is aluminum made and has a die-cast and anti-resonance finish. It rotates two speeds, 44 and 33 1/3 RPM.
- Fully automatic.
- Built-in preamp.
- Good product at an affordable price.
- Not wireless.
- No built-in speakers.
- The cartridge is not replaceable.
- PURE ANALOG PERFORMANCE - The definitive vinyl record listening experience for beautifully warm and natural music, transporting you into the center of the performance
- EXCEPTIONAL MUSICAL ACCURACY - Immerse yourself in dynamic music reproduction with the Ortofon OM10 elliptical cartridge delivering improved linearity, higher channel separation and reduced distortion
- SPEED CONTROL FOR PRECISION PLAYBACK - The isolated motor prevents unwanted vibrations and noise while the speed control mechanism ensures consistent platter velocity (0.07% Wow/Flutter)
- SOLID WOOD PLINTH - Revel in the gorgeous solid wood cabinet with a highly precise metal platter and adjustable resonance damping feet, ensuring superior isolation from unwanted micro-vibrations
- SPECTACULAR SIGNAL CLARITY - Caress your records with the balanced S-shaped tonearm for accurate tracking of the record groove and no electronics in the signal path for a cleaner, exceptionally detailed sound (Note: phono preamp not included)
Listening to vinyl does have a calming effect. You feel relaxed and as if the music is getting played in front of you. To make sure this feeling stays consistent, Fluance brought the RT82 turntable into the market.
- Cartridge- the OM 10 cartridge in this turntable is elliptical and diamond-tipped. This increases precision and accuracy in playback. The stylus can correctly trace the grooves.
- Speed control- the isolated belt-driven motor reduces vibrations and any additional motor noises. The speed control keeps a check on the acceleration and corrects variations.
- Clear analog signal- the s-shaped tonearm makes sure that the groves are properly translated into clear signals. This is important for music output without delays.
- Plinth supported- the wooden plinth stands on three spiky feet made of rubber and height-adjustable. This design reduces contact with the surface, protecting the device from external vibrations.
- Auto-stop operation.
- Spiky feet for less vibration.
- The materials used are top quality.
- No built-in preamp.
- A bit too much bass.
Buying Guide for Best Turntables Under 500
Wanting the best turntable for your vinyl collection is very normal. But what becomes challenging is to find the best turntable. There many options available in the market that promises different things. Without prior knowledge, you may end up getting confused in picking the best turntables under 500. There are a few things that, if kept in mind, may lead to a successful turntable purchase.
- Familiarize with the product
- Selecting the type
- Other required components
- Choosing the features
- Setting a budget
- Choose the space